Carnival Glory Cruise Review by ursmyle4me

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

First Time Cruiser - It was good
Ok. This was my very first cruise. I spent countless times reading critics, reading the "to bring list"..everything you could possibly do, I done it. Now, for the experience: I arrived at the Glory ship with cash. I heard through reviews that it is better to have cash. There were no separate lines for cash and credit. There was one line. When I got to the counter to get my sail card, since I didn't have cash, I had to wait to board the ship to go to the purser desk to load my cash. My friend had credit, so she loaded hers there. We got on the ship, and found our room. We had the balcony suite, so we were all good. I recommend the balcony suites, for those moments you want to sit in your room for a little while. I packed my dinner outfit in my carry on, just in case we didn't get our luggage in time. Ok, fast forward. At 4:00, there was an announcement that the boat was leaving and everyone should come on deck. We did, and once we got to the top and stood for about 5 minutes, I realized, everyone would be on deck, so it would be a good time for me to put my money on the card. This was a good time. If you are with a group, have someone stay on deck while you run and do unfinished business. I ended up setting up my excursions and putting my cash on my card. The advantage of cash is having money control. My other advice is to get a pre-paid card, that way, after you are off the trip, you don't worry about unwanted expenses.

Dinner was great. Although I loved the boat, I was disappointed in the activities. I am 31 years old and I felt like the activities were geared towards people 40 and up. I enjoyed the nightclub, and the comedy club, and the casino. Room service only served sandwiches and a few desserts. This was ok. If you missed dinner, at least you could enjoy a great sandwich. Speaking of missing dinner, I never did, even showing up 2 hours late, they kept smiling and allowed me to order. After that I didn't do it anymore, because it just felt plain rude. The staff was great. I felt bad when I heard how many hours they work, it kinda made me feel a little sad on how hard they worked.

PICTURING TAKING: when you get on and off they take your pictures. At dinner they take your pictures..i bought the first pictures and promised myself that I wouldn't buy anymore. In order to not buy pictures, you have to make a goofy faces, but even those turned out beautiful.. they have amazing photographers.. SPA: This is the place to be. They give the best service when it comes to the spa. I am a flat footed woman so my feet were killing me the first day - BRING TENNIS SHOES..not the white canvas kind, something with arch support. I thought it would be too hot to wear tennis shoes, but it wasn't.

COZUMEL: nice place. I did the helmet dive. It was very nice. After being 20 minutes underwater, I had to come up..made me feel sick, but it was fun.

HONDURAS: I did the tour. It was nice to see the botanical garden..a lot of healing plants, very interesting.

BELIZE: bring a poncho, just in case. It was only a few of us with one, and had I known, I would've bought me some from dollar tree and sold them for $5.00 (lol). The Ruin Tour was great because of the tour guide - Rudiebird. If it hadn't been for him, I would say, it's not worth it. The drive was too long, 1 hour, and the tour was 25 minutes, and then 1 hour back in the rain.. just not worth it.

BAHAMAS: This needs to be an all day or two day trip. Don't even book an excursion, unless you just have to..take the taxi for $5 to the beach, and enjoy the water. It was beautiful.

Overall, the glory was a better ship. I have heard so many people say royal Caribbean is better, so I will try that for my next cruise.

Going home was great. We were the last number called, but we just chilled out and waited. We booked our return flight at 5:00 p.m. just to be safe. We ended up at the airport at 11:00 a.m., so I will suggest booking a flight around 2:00 p.m. Or just keep an extra $50 so you can move to a sooner flight.

I read and packed everything that people suggested to pack, except the comfortable shoes. I recommend that. We packed a small iron but make sure you pack it up everytime you leave your room, or it will be confiscated. If you are a pepsi drinker, pack yourself some soda or whatever you like to drink. The lemonade and juice is free.

I did use my cell phone, and I am still awaiting the bill, but I recommend, taking the cell phone battery completely out if you are not using it. I kept forgetting and found a few voice messages, which still charges $2.49. Remember to take pictures. I thought I took a lot, but now that I am home, I don't really have a whole lot. Stop people and have them take pictures of you. I have so many pictures of scenic but none of me. Don't be afraid to try the food on the different excursions. I packed a little medic bag just in case, and didn't even use it. On Thursday, they had a laundry deal to wash clothes for $15.00. It was a great deal, until I gave them everything and forgot to take out my dinner clothes. So I showed up for the dressy night in flip flops, but it was Thursday so nobody really cared by then. Dressing up is overrating, if you wear a casual outfit that you wear to work, you will look fine. A lot of people did go all the way and did the full gowns, and it was still beautiful. MAKE BUSINESS CARDS!! I have handed out my information to so many people. It comes in handy. Even when you are on the island. I made cards that say: "keep in touch" and then it has my myspace information. It was great.

Publication Date: 10/15/08