Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by croaziera: Great Liberty Cruise

Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Great Liberty Cruise

Sail Date: October 2008

My wife and I were part of a group of 8 couples from Portland, Oregon. Some had been on other cruises, some were cruising for the first time and some like myself and my wife were veterans of 8 cruises and counting. We flew into Miami the night before and stayed at the Holiday Inn Miami Airport Doral. The next day we dropped the minivan at Alamo and took their free shuttle to the port, where we arrived around 11:30 am. We were familiar with the Royal terminal since we cruised on the Freedom of the Seas in 2006. Embarkation was a breeze, (A+) and we were on the ship in about 45 minutes.

Food: I ate most breakfasts in the dining room but also tried the Windjammer on 2 occasions. Lunch was in the Windjammer or at Sorrento's Pizza. Dinner was at 8:30 pm in the restaurant on deck 3, (Rembrandt). The food was good but I would rate it a step below Princess Cruises food, which I rate the best of all the cruise lines I have sailed. The service of our waiter Ricky Acosta More from the Philippines and asst. waiter Anil from India was fantastic. They remembered all our first names after the first night, despite the fact that we sat next to different group members each night. I rate the food B+ and the dinner service A+.

Ship: The ship is in excellent condition and they are always cleaning. The promenade cabin was fantastic and we had a view of the Royal Caribbean shop. Our room steward, Patricia, was fantastic and very efficient.

Shows: The comedian Oscar was a total blast and also had very clean comedy, even at the midnight show. The other comedian later in the week was a disappointment. The first production show we found boring and walked out but the second production with snow white and the dwarfs we liked. There was music everywhere and it was almost impossible to be bored. B+

Ports: Labadee was a very relaxing beach day. In Montego Bay we went to Dr. Cave's Beach for more sun and water. In Grand Cayman we did Stingray City and snorkeling with Captain Marvin's. In Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach. This route is port intensive with 4 consecutive ports and only 2 days.

Disembarkation: We chose the last color tag (pink) and we were off the ship at 9:30am. They used a forward gangway on deck 4 for U.S. citizens and an aft gangway for non-citizens, which must have sped up the process. Customs and Immigration were a snap. We shared a taxi with a couple to Miami Airport for $25.

Final Impressions: Royal Caribbean continues to impress with ships that offer the "wow factor" and offer a reasonable priced cruise experience. They offer good food, good entertainment, service, and that will continue to keep us "Loyal to Royal". Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Promenade Stateroom Deck 6 7283

Great view of Promenade, next to crew supply room, away from elevators