Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by grooveo

Cruise Date: September 2008
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: gs
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

ups and downs
My lovely wife and I, and my parents, were tremendously excited about our cruise to Hawaii. We arrived at the Port of San Diego to a pretty tremendous line. It was a pretty rough embarkation, about the worst we've been through after ten cruises. We finally got on board and made our way to our lovely Grand Suite. Everything was beautiful. My parents were in a Junior Suite, and it was wonderful as well. Our luggage arrived shortly thereafter, and we were set. We made our way to the windjammer and it was as good as always. This being our second cruise on the Radiance, we took a walk around to refresh our memory. Everything was in place and seemingly well kept. Let me break a few things into categories so I don't become redundant:

Cabin: We very much enjoyed the Grand Suite, with the new bedding and the flat screen tv. There were a couple of plumbing problems, but nothing horrible. My parents on the other hand, in the Junior Suite, had a pipe burst in their closet drenching their clothes and soaking the carpet. They were moved into a inside cabin for the night while their room was fixed. Everything went ok, but it happened again several days later.

Dining: The Windjammer was great, Chops and Portofino's were amazing, and the main dining room was dreadful. We went for the first three nights, and sent our meal back on two of them. Things just weren't cooked well. On the third night, our waitress told us that rough seas were expected, and that she gets seasick easily. As we were eating our dessert, she told us six times that it makes her vomit. Yes, she used the word vomit...6 times. We never went back.

Concierge Club: Juan Diego was absolutely fantastic! He's quite a character, and took very good care of us. We had a great time in the Lounge.

Entertainment: We saw a couple of shows, and we enjoyed them. Mario and Danielle were just hysterical!

Ports: We enjoyed all of the ports, though we were sick for Hilo. We caught some kind of cold or flu, and still haven't quite recovered.

All in all, we really had a great cruise. The seas were a little rough for a couple of days, but my wife and I enjoy that. The solarium was fun, but could never find a chair. The sea days were quite relaxing. We're very glad we went, and look forward to our next cruise on the Radiance of the Seas.

Publication Date: 10/12/08