Ventura Cruise Review by gmkomd

Cruise Date: July 2008
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Cabin Category: AB
See More About: Ventura Cruise Reviews | Cruise to Nowhere Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals
        10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0

Ship Facts: Ventura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ventura Deck Plans
VENTURA ,TOO BIG
Ventura

Canaries July 2008 This is our fourth cruise the last on being with the century of the celebrity line to the Baltic, great ship great cruise, so I thought at£3000 more the p and o Ventura would be fantastic, I was wrong! Firstly the reception at Southampton was poor,

We arrived 4 hours early due to flights, we were ignored for 3 1/2 hours the facilities were very poor with no one willing or able to take our bags, there were about 5o people in the same boat. When I asked if we could sit some where sit, could someone take our bags?

I was told by one of there reps what I already knew, we were early and no they couldn't take the bags, but were we excited? Em no!

Disappointed, uncomfortable yes, excited ,no.

It did not impress us particularly as other people were getting the 5 star treatment, future customers apparently, to see if they would book for future trips

Those of us that had parted with their hard earned money well they could just wait outside!

The Ship

The ship its big too big ,it rolls like an old man on skates,even on a milk pond if windy it cant get into some ports because its too big,(we missed Lanzarote). It's also too big because they is a staff ratio of only 1/3 on all other ships we have been on its been 1/2 this means that the cabins are tided, not really cleaned

The public areas ,particularly the public toilets are disgusting, with poo on the seats and floor!

This is the only ship I have been on where they do not insist you use hand gel When entering the main dining, so prepare for tummy upset down the line

There are not enough sun-beds and they were so desperate to fill the ship i think they have let anyone on, a friend of mine has experienced fing and blinding over sun-beds with the only pool patrols being waiters selling drinks.

There are several pools and one we use had enough chlorine to turn the kids eyes red and their swimmers green.

There is no sign of security to keep an eye on some who look like they would be happier on a beach in Ibiza.

The British staff are as pleasant and helpful as you would find at Woolworths the Filipino and Indian staff are much better as are the spa and internet staff.

A word of warning the camera memory card viewer wiped out half my photographs and damaged the card, apparently that was my fault!

The food is good but the dining experience, in fact everything is not as good as our previous Celebrity cruise.

To sum up too big too dirty, too bad ,P and O have got it badly wrong and their Customer service is very poor, the loading manager was very rude and unhelpful to my wife when we were disembarking, funny that!

Publication Date: 10/09/08