Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by pcarver9

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by pcarver9
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: pcarver9
Email: pcarver9@yahoo.com
Cruise Date: September 2008
Cabin Category: F
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Outstanding Time / Cruise Critic Helped
Ok I highly advise that everyone once booked to check out CruiseCritic.com's Meet & Mingle section. Find your ship, sign up for the blogs and participate. Even though our trip was less than 7 days and no sponsored Meet & Mingle we made our own. When we made it on the ship it felt like we already had friends. And those kind that last a lifetime.

The ship was great. No real problems. But we are easy going. I am not nick picky and I believe that you can make anything good or bad. It's your state of mind. Like when some of the veteran cruisers heard that we never met our cabin stewart that bothered them saying that was bad. The way I see it he/she was never in our way. Heck I'm on vacation so I'm not going to let the little things bug me.

I must say that the Cruise Director and his staff were outstanding. Always involved and making sure everyone was entertained. By the way Make sure you do the Quest(not really for kids). That is a game show that involves everyone. Tip - sit up close & wear loose fitting clothes because something is coming off. Nothing too naughty or bad. Maybe a guy in your group may be dressed up wearing lipstick, no shirt, a bra, in his boxers & high heels. Just too funny.

Some of the excursions that we took.

Key West - Boat trip & Kayak the Wilderness. OK but not for the faint of heart. Can be hard to do. Would rather have spent more time at Irish Kevin's. That place is fun for everyone. Or Garden of Eden (clothing optional bar. (Heck you're on vacation - do something wild & crazy where no one knows you)

Cozumel - The ATV tour to the Mayan Ruins. Ok it was a hard rainy day. 2 foot flash flooding in dirty black mud - outstanding. We felt lucky that we booked that and not some beach trip were you get rained out. James was our guide and made sure everyone had a good time. Plus taught us about the Mayan culture. Interesting and creepy at the same time. Well worth it and highly recommend it.

Belize - We booked outside the ship with Dennis Perez the Zip Line & Cave tubing; WOW, it was outstanding. Dennis was amazing. 6 people vs 20 - 40 people with Major Tom or even worst 80 - 200 people with the cruise ship. We got very personal attention. When floating thru the caves Dennis had us lock our legs together and he and his other guide walked us thru. The Cruise Ship Booked People were floating all around in circles lost. Ok at first but in a scary dark cave after a while it's not a lot of fun as told to us by others on our ship. Look him up and book him. It's well worth it. One note - there was a hour delay on the zip line not Dennis' fault but he made sure that not only were we back in time but with time to shop. He is the best.

I must say that Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas is a nice ship. Great Crew. A well managed Ship. We were being nick named the Thread the Needle Cruise because we zigged zagged 2 hurricanes 3 times. And we Never felt any rough sea. Very nice. Never a bad day. I highly recommend this trip.

Publication Date: 10/06/08