Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Madeleine S: Carnival Glorious!!

Madeleine S
0 Post

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glorious!!

Sail Date: September 2008
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Myself and my partner are just back from an amazing Cruise on the Carnival Glory to celebrate my 50th birthday. As part of our holiday we spent a couple of days in Orlando prior to sailing on the Carnival Glory and spent a further 5 days in Orlando after the cruise.

We cruised the Med before on Thomson Destiny and had a wonderful time, but had never cruised on an American ship before, so were unsure as to what to expect. We needn't have worried!! it was wonderful!!

EMBARKATION Boarding was pretty swift and I would advise anyone to try and complete the preboarding documents on the Carnival web site to help speed things along. The only small thing I would recommend to Carnival is that it would be nice for a member of the Carnival Team to meet you when you actually arrive on the ship. Unfortunately we were left a bit lost as to where to find out cabin etc, with more and more people trundling onto the ship behind us.

We had an outside cabin on More level 1, which was quite a good size, and the 'Carnival Comfort Bed' was really comfy. Service from the Stewart was excellent, bed turned down at night, ice for your wine etc, and towels folded into different animals every night added extra amusement!

FOOD As my partner has commented "A cruise ship is like a floating restaurant with entertainment in between to keep you from becoming bored"! Well the Carnival Glory definitely lived up to this! Plenty of variety, and food choices. We definitely have to mention the Emerald Room - Supper Club. We have previously dined in the prestigious 'Waterside' which is a 3 star Michelin restaurant and I have to say the food in the Supper Club easily surpassed the Waterside. There is a small charge of $30 each and you need to book but it is well worth the money and we actually dined there twice during our cruise.

ENTERTAINMENT Entertainment varied and pretty good, we really liked the comedians. One evening there was a party where the entertainment staff divided us into different teams and proceeded to party around the ship ending up on the deck. A bit mad but brilliant fun. Everyone sailing seemed to be up for a laugh and were really friendly. The ship definitely lived up to its name of being a 'Fun Ship'

PORTS OF CALL Ports of call were: Cozumel Mexico where we went on a Mexican cooking course - recommended v.good. Isla Roatan, a small island off Honduras - very pretty with beautiful beach. Belize - Belize City is a bit dodgy but good reports from those who signed up for the Cave Tubing. Bahamas - We sorted ourselves out and got a taxi to the nearest town, not much there; a couple of shops and a beautiful beach.

ORGANIZED TOURS There are plenty of tours to go on and when we tried to change one got a refund no problem. Very different than a cruise in the Med though,i.e. no big cities it visit - beaches, beaches and more beaches but then that's the Caribbean!

CLEANLINESS I was very impressed by the ships cleanliness - absolutely spotless, loos always clean and basically everywhere kept to a very high standard.

SHOPS ON BOARD Liking my 'bling' I had to have a nosey in the shops. The discounted watches are actually quite a good buy - a good bit cheaper than at home.

OVERALL IMPRESSION We would give this cruise 5 out of 5, we met some lovely people and had experiences we will never forget. Definitely the holiday of a life time. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>