Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Allen: Super Trip

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Super Trip

Sail Date: September 2008
Embarkation: Tampa

we sailed from Tampa after flying in from Atlanta. We had purchased airport to pier transfers from Carnival and were met at the airport by Carnival reps. They were very pleasant and directed us to our bus. The ride to the port was pleasant and lasted about 15 minutes. Upon arrival, our luggage was handled for us and we didn't see it again until we got to our stateroom. It was around 2 PM when we checked in and it was effortless, all total about 15 minutes. We had our Fun Pass already completed.

Once on board we went up to the Lido Deck where lunch was already prepared and waiting. Shortly before sailing, we all mustered for the lifeboat drill which lasted about 20 minutes. We found our balcony stateroom to be very nice on the 8th floor. It was very clean, neat, and more than enough room for the two of us. We found the ship very easy to navigate once we got our bearings and found where everything was. While the ship is several years old, I found it to be very clean and in More good repair. The crew were constantly at work cleaning and making sure everything was acceptable. We did not have a bad experience for 7 days. Everyone was pleasant, fun, helpful, courteous, and much fun.

There was plenty to do on board and my wife and I enjoyed many of the activities. We especially enjoyed the Golden Fleece Supper Club on our actual anniversary.

The food and service were well worth the added costs. Overall, the food was very satisfying with multiple choices at each meal. The dining room staff were GREAT!

As far as the ports of call, I particularly enjoyed Belize and probably won't go back to Roatan or Cozumel. I found Belize to be very easy going and friendly. On the other hand, everyone in Cozumel was in your face trying to sell something and I found that very unpleasant. As far as Roatan, the same can be said for the people. I have to say we did not book any tours as we just wanted to shop and enjoy the culture.

Arriving back in Tampa, we had breakfast that morning and were off the ship and on our way to the airport by 930AM. My second trip with Carnival and will continue to sail with them. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Balcony Panorama 8211

Great cabin, plenty spacious w/ couch, table, bed comfortable for me at 6'5" tall. Wonderful location on the ship only one deck below Lido deck where the pools are and the cafe. Slightly aft of midship. Plenty of closet and drawer space.