Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Richard H

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: Richard H
Cruise Date: September 2008
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Rather Sail on the Staten Island Ferry for a Week!
My Wife and I Booked this cruise because our 2nd wedding anniversary was 9/16/08 and the cruise began 9/14/08.My Wife took care of the arrangements and we wound up with a very nice suite with a large balcony and even a bathtub with Jacuzzi. Booking this class room entitled us to VIP embarkation. We thought this was a sign of good things to come,it was not.

After quickly boarding the ship Due to the VIP status(everyone else were herded like sheep) we went to our room.The first negative experience was the lifevest drill. My Wife and I were use to this because we cruised on the Norwegian dawn twice. Its a pain in the neck but you know you cant get around doing it and its for your own good and its the Law. We stood at our station for at least 45 minutes. One woman in front of us was not even wearing a Lifevest. I guess she would have drowned if it were a real emergency since no crewmember said a word to her the entire drill. I had remembered on the previous cruises that every passenger was accounted for on a list during these drills but not so on the Miracle . Later A woman had told us that her husband was sleeping in their room during the drill and was not bothered the entire time.

The Drill finally being over we left Port and went to the room and waited for half the luggage that was missing to turn up. We were told that the passengers could go eat in whatever they were wearing because it would take several hours before all the luggage turned up.

I noticed that this ship had not one anti-bacterial hand-cleaning station anywhere on board.This worried me because some people are real pigs and walk out of the bathrooms without thinking of washing their hands. Thank god I had purchased some antibacterial spray and my wife had antibacterial wipes.The only thing you will find is a kind of little paper towel station behind each restroom door to be used to grab the door handle when leaving the bathroom. I felt this was some really cheap way to get around using the antibacterial stations onboard.

I guess I will begin with the Crew. The Crew seemed very unhappy and Lazy. I will tell you if you are use to going into a lounge and having a waiter run up and try to sell you a drink every 30 seconds it does not happen on this ship. My wife and I would have to get up after 10 minutes of sitting and get our own drinks. The waiters in the Dining room seemed angry if you weren't happy with your food and grabbed the plates off the table trying to rush you out so they could prepare for the next seating. The Older couple we were seated with were called Grandma and Grandpa everynight by our two servers and it was very disrespectful and they did not appreciate it. The cleaning people did get to your cabin pretty quickly but did not do such a good job cleaning the room. The only crew we were impressed with were in the restaurant where you had to pay $30.00 per person. These young ladies were the only professionals working on the entire ship. BTW we tipped every server a few bucks because we know they don't have it easy and this did not help their performance or attitude,it was still crummy!

The Food- TERRIBLE! The Dining Room food should have come out in Dog food pans. My wife sent her steak back twice one night and finally gave up and just left it on the plate. I could have used my Pasta dish to bondo my car it was so tough. I cannot believe how terrible the cooking was in the Dining Room. We tried eating the food 3 nights and finally gave up and started eating dinner at the buffet which was a little better. BTW eating at the buffet isn't such a great experience either since it is on the top deck and people didn't mind walking in from the pool area wearing just bathingsuits and grabbing a dish and loading up on the food.Real nice having some Flabby,Hairy guy in front of you with no shoes or shirt on loading his plate up. I kept saying to my wife how can they let this behavior go on,its disgusting! no crewmembers seemed to be bothered by it so if you take this cruise you to might get some chest hair in your scrambled eggs. The Dining room is pretty much Dogfood,The buffet is kind of like low class Dinner Food so the we found ourselves paying to eat edible food in Nick and Nora's.The Servers were like angels at this point.For once We were treated with respect and feasted on 24 ounce porter house steak that was cooked perfectly.By the end of the cruise I felt like a deathrow inmate eating his last dream meal at Nick and Nora's.

I guess this would be my Advice if your thinking of sailing on the Miracle.I found that the people happy with the cruise dumped their kids off somewhere onboard and stayed drunk 24hrs a day.You don't care much about quality of food and how you are treated by the crew when you are bombed all the time.If you plan on staying sober most of the time and care how you are treated and the quality of food you are served then skip this cruise! The only other boat I can compare the Miracle to was the norwegian dawn.The Dawn would rate an 8 in my book and the Miracle would rate maybe a 2.This Boat is for 25 yr. olds looking for a CHEAP BOOZE CRUISE

Publication Date: 09/25/08