Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Jody Milligan

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Jody Milligan
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Conquest
Member Name: Jody Milligan
Cruise Date: July 2008
Embarkation: Galveston

Not that Great!!!
Let me start by saying I cruised with Carnival 20 years ago and I couldn't wait to go again. I read many reviews about the Conquest good and bad. I got 1 cabin for my teenagers and 1 for my husband and I. We had problems trying to check in they confused my husband and son. We thought it was fixed but of coarse it wasn't. WE went to our rooms and was pleased but my son and husbands cards wouldn't work. We went to pursers office 4 different times. They said it was fixed. It wasn't!! We went lay out on deck that was good. Went to supper and I was in shocked the food was terrible. (My first cruise was some of the best food I ever ate.) Thought it would get better but it didn't. Lobster was good but that is really hard to mess up. The steaks tasted like it was cooked in the microwave. Yes It was that bad. The room stewart was rude. He didn't even make any towel animals the first night so I ask the pursers office since I was there again trying to fix hubbys card. Well I get back to the room and the room stewart ask me why I reported him and he didn't appreciate it. So we didn't get that great of service from him. This was only our second day on here It was looking like it was going to be a long week. I was even thinking about getting off the ship in Jamaica and going back home.

We didn't and tried to get off the ship in Jamaica and guess what the cards didn't work again!!!!!!So we were held up for an hour before we could get off the ship.We went to Sunset Beach all inclusive. It was great took a taxi paid $40 a person all the food and drinks you wanted alcohol included. It had a water park,snorkeling, paddleboat,canoes. It was really nice left there and went shopping that was a little scary. People tried to sell us drugs and tried to get us to go outside the gates to there shops.So we decided to go back to the ship.Teenagers read this they searched my son before he could get back on ship.I didn't see them search anyone else. We went back to the ship and guess what the cards still didn't work. Had more problem getting back on.Went back to the pursers office again.

Grand Caymans was nice but we had the same problem getting on and off the ship. Stupid cards still don't work.WE went snorkeling and shopping.

Cozumel make sure you don't try to shop in the mall right there go down the road and they have the same stuff much cheaper!!!!!We had a good time there.

The main problem is the food and not enough things to do during the day.Bingo is expensive. There really wasn't much to do during the day but lay out no entertainment but a bad Jamaican band. They could have alot more things to do besides the stupid games they have. You can do that at a camp ground for a hell of alot cheaper!!!! My kids were not impressed my husband surely wasn't. I spent alot of money for this cruise it was just ok. I won't be taking another. Maybe the food went down so much because they have that dining room you can pay a extra $30 pp to go . I didn't because the food was so bad I wasn't paying for somemore crappy food. The Pizza was excellent. Thank God for that I would have starved!!! Good luck!!Hope you experience was better than ours.We are from South Louisiana

PS My cousin left the day I got back and went on the one out of New Orleans She said the food sucked too!

Publication Date: 09/24/08