Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by atandmtcruise: One night get away

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Cruise to Nowhere Cruises

One night get away

Sail Date: September 2008
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We decided to take a one night cruise to nowhere because cruising is our favorite way to vacation, and since we just got back from a May cruise on the Dawn to Bermuda, we couldn't afford any longer than one night! So when I say we, I mean my boyfriend and I, (both in our mid twenties).

We took the train in from CT, then walked from times square to the Port. Not too long of a walk,although we did take a taxi on our way back..We boarded the ship around 1:30, after waiting in a rather long line. I guess we picked a popular time. Champagne and mamosas were offered right before getting onto the boat. I guess this is a standard thing, but we always get excited to see it offered.

We went to the Raffles buffet because it was the first place we could find, and we were starved. Good size room, good variety of food. A lot of the windows to the outside and the windowed doors seemed to be fogged up with residue. Which surprised me because NCL has always kept their ships very More clean. For lunch we had a mix of everything, macaroni and cheese, baked chicken, fries, salad, pizza,and some chocolate cake. (told u we were hungry) Then found our room. Each deck had a different carpet color, ours was reddish. The bathroom was a good size, although I wasn't crazy about the yellow tiles, and the shower head was peeling its silver paint. There was also no mini fridge like on the Dawn, and no room service binder. Not sure if thats a cruise to no where thing.

After sitting on the pool deck and listening to the band sing, and watching cruisers dance and swim, we went in side to explore the ship. Looked around the store, art gallery, and casino. We decided to make a reservation at Cagney's steak house. The only opening they had was at 1030 pm, so we booked it and wondered how early people must have started to make reservations...

At about 6pm we got hungry again, we realized that Cagney's status was listing as 1/2 full. (they have LCD screens with the status of all the restaurants) So we took a chance and walked to the restaurant to see if they'd let us in. They did, but said they'd need the table in hour 1/2. We said sure. The waiters were very nice,speedy with the food. We shared and amazing crab cake, and shrimp cocktail. My b-friend got a wonderful filet mignon, and I the lobster tails. We were very happy with dinner.

The casino was standard, but had a nice night club attached. We saw the comedian, who was ok. After the comedian there was a game called the Quest, which we participated in. Not knowing how crazy it would get. It was a quest to see what team would do or give up the craziest things...bras, shoes with no laces, and guys with only tighty whiteys. Very fun if you like it a bit risque!

I couldn't sleep the whole night due to walls and a ceiling that make loud noises. we were on the 5th deck, not sure where all the noise came from, but it lasted the whole night. Over all we had a great night. And I'd recommend it, specially for people who live in the NYC area. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Spirit

good size, shower head and tile needed updating, no minibar, comfy beds and pillows