Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Chunli li

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Chunli li
Freedom of the Seas
Cabin Category: D2
Public Rooms 5+
        3-6 5.0

FOS aka the Hustle Cruise
I am a first time cruiser with RCCL. First off I am a single mother of a 5 year old travelling with my mom and sister. My sister's best friend and her mom. Meeting up with Two Aunts and a cousin from London. We arrived from New York to Miami the day Saturday before sailing. We rented a mini van and stayed at the Marriott downtown which was perfect for everyone who wanted to do last minute shopping without me having to drive them around. The hotel was under construction so we were able to get a great discount. The pool was my son's favorite.

Port of Miami Arrival - I dropped my posse off at 11:30am so that i could return the rental before 12pm. My aunts and cuz were already on the ship had access to their room which was a plus. When i returned from dropping the rental car off we proceeded to the short process of checking in. I don't understand the purpose of splitting the lines by floor but the two that had the inside cabins got through the checkin process faster than those of us who had a balcony.

I will skip all of the attributes of the ship....there are like 5,000 reviews stating that fact. My room was fine and my attendant did her job.

What i didn't know was that i would be surrounded by smokers!!! When i sailed with carnival the smokers were always outside on a deck with the door closed. We couldn't enjoy the balcony there was always someone smoking. Inside Boleros there were smokers, the Casino except for formal nights had nonstop smokers. I finally had to cuss out a man who decides to stop at the bar my son and i were at to out his cigarette in front of him. Let's just say my son learned not to ever cross me.

The food was not what i thought all the hyped reviews were. I liked that carnival had more comfort food and less mixing stuff to get there and calling it food like royal did. But what can i say it didn't stop me from eating it. I must give a shout out to my waiter Vien from India and asst waiter Frank from Peru they made dinner great.

So why do i call the FOS the Hustle ship? Because they try to hustle every dollar out of your pocket. I guess its the goal of all cruise lines but atleast when carnival did it i felt like i was getting my money's worth.

Ports-

Labadee- Go for the beach eat on the boat. Jamaica - I went to Magaritaville to look for my family. I had to buy 2 drinks to get a wrist band to go onto the beach. When i got on the beach they wanted to charge me to look. I cuss that man he didn't know what hit him, he just let me do what i wanted and stayed far away.

Grand Cayman - Beautiful port no one begging or hustling you for anything. LOVED IT

Mexico - My mom treated us to the Deluxe Beach Resort excursion at Playa Mia. This excursion would have been nice since it offered open bar, free buffet, and non motorized activities all for one price. This is where i learned that mexicans don't care for black people. They ran behind the whites and latinas all day but i when i asked for a water the man forgot twice. I ended up just getting my family drinks all day. The "open bar" was watered down liquour. so if you decide to take this excursion make sure you are drinking tequila so at least you can get buzz.

I don't know if I would sale RCCL again. for the prices they are charging and what you getting in return just doesn't add up.

Publication Date: 09/22/08