Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by dvalentine823

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by dvalentine823
Seven Seas Mariner
Seven Seas Mariner
Member Name: dvalentine823
Cruise Date: September 2008
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: H
See More About: Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Mariner Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Mariner Deck Plans
Alaska RSSC Mariner
We started this cruise at the Pan Pacific Vancouver. Very nice hotel, and the room booked by Regent gave us a great view of the harbor and incoming ships. After breakfast the next morning, I waited in the Regent hospitality suite to ask a question about luggage transfer. Unfortunately, the Regent rep did not show up in the room for about a half hour. Several other guest had the same question (Do we have to be in the rooms for baggage to be picked up?). Finally the rep showed up and let us know that baggage will be taken from the room, and we did not have to be present. The answer made me worry a little, but it went off without a hitch.

We spent the rest of the morning and little into the afternoon exploring Vancouver by means of the Hop On/Hop Off bus. We didn't get to see much as my wife got her shopping off to a grand start at Granville Island. Great place, great market.

Embarkation - smooth as a whistle, took about 15 minutes and we were up in the Veranda starting our cruise with a large and delicious buffet lunch. Our room was ready at 2:30, and after we checked it out. I went back to Vancouver for something at the drugstore. As I left, I did notice a line of about 50 deep waiting to go through security. Upon my return at 3:30, there was no line left and I breezed through again.

Restaurants - We ate at every restaurant and always had great food. Contrary to a previous poster, the food at Compass Rose, Latitudes and Signatures was as good as any 4 - 5 star restaurant. The food at Veranda and the Pool Grille was good, but as expected and intended, is not haute cuisine.

Entertainment - We missed every show, so I do not have an opinion. Since we work full time, we never broke our habit of waking early. So after working out, eating like pigs, walking miles and miles in the ports, and finishing that off with another big meal, we were too pooped to go to the shows at 9:45 pm. Plus the titles seemed rather silly, so we decided to skip. My suggestion is for Regent to have some jazz playing somewhere each night, and to start the evening entertainment at 9 pm or earlier.

Room/Service - Very nice room and great service throughout the cruise.

Ports - Well other reviews cover the ports, so I have one word of caution. The craigdorroch castle is great, but don't try to walk there. Take a tour or bus. It is a long way from the port!!

We would sail with Regent again!

Publication Date: 09/22/08
More Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Mariner review Read the next Seven Seas Mariner review

More Alaska Cruise Reviews