Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by intherain99

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by intherain99
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: intherain99
Email: intherain_99@yahoo.com
Cruise Date: August 2008
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: i
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Much needed Girls Week Out
Well, my best friend and another girl decided to take girls out cruise. We are in our early 30s and left the kids at home. We chose adventure of the seas and we were far from disappointed. We visited Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten and the Virgin islands.

We arrived day of. Luckily Delta airlines was on time. Got into San Juan around 1:30. We took a cab to the port which cost about 25 bucks, which we split 3 ways.

Once we arrived on the ship (which took about 30 minutes), we went straight to the Windjammer as we were starving. Airlines hardly serve food anymore. The food was exceptional and the staff was very nice. The guy who greeted us was there for every service and seemed full of energy, I thought he would be less enthusiastic as the cruise went on but he wasn't.

The first night we just walked around getting to know the ship. It was huge and beautiful. When we were in certain areas, I totally forgot we were on a cruise ship. Deck 5 looks like a mall not a ship. They had a duty free shop on board which had 2 liters of absolute vodka for 20 bucks, I thought that was a deal and got some before we left.

The 1st day we spent at sea. We were mostly pool side by day and everyone was so friendly, we met alot of nice people. Not alot of kids around Royal Caribbean does a great job of keeping them occupied. They have a kids club on deck 14. At night we were in the Casino. Beware stay away from the Wild Thing Slot machine!! lol my best friend didn't win a thing and played that machine for 7 days lol. If you are in the casino make sure you have Andel make your drinks, he was by far the best bartender on the ship.

We stayed on deck 7 in the middle of the ship. The room was small but we stayed in the cheap inside rooms. They get really dark which makes for good sleep. Eventhough we only averaged about 4 hours of sleep a night. The rooms were clean and well maintained, I think our stateroom attendant cleaned our room about 3 times a day.

Well on the ports. 1st was Barbados, we were undecided on what to do so we chose the best of barbados tour. Our driver wasn't very entertaining at the beginning so I fell asleep on him. He got better as we went. After that we just walked around downtown and shopped for souvenirs.

St. Lucia my favorite island of the 5. It was so lush and beautiful. We chose the costal cruise to the pitons. BEAUTIFUL!! The boat was nice and the staff was very helpful. It was so relaxing I fell asleep again for about 30 minutes. After that we spent the remainder of the day at the marketplace. There is a lady there who offers a free sample of her spiced rum, be careful its strong if you decide to indulge.

Antigua - My best friend is married to an Antiguan so her father in law took us around the island. Beautiful beaches!!! Also her father in law owns the Trends gift shop which is across the street from the port, so be sure to stop by and pick up something.

St. Maarten - My surprisingly 2nd favorite island. I didn't know much about it at first. We did not book an excursion through the cruise line but we hooked up with some other people and rented a taxi for 3 hours. Our driver took us to the French and Dutch side. Very knowledgeable and entertaining guy. Beautiful island and with great shopping!!

Lastly in the Virgin islands we just walked around until our 12:30 excursion started. We did the B.O.S.S underwater adventure. If you choose to book this one you will not be disappointed. Once in a lifetime experience. Basically its an underwater scooter thingy. :)

We spent our last night in the casino with our favorite bartender Andel. It was a great cruise. The only thing I didn't really like was that they put all your luggage in this warehouse for you to find once you get off the ship. After looking at so many bags they all start to look alike. I don't recommend black luggage.

Formal night was very nice. We only ate formal 2 nights, the captains dinner and the night they had lobster. The other nights we found the same things in the Windjammer. I know this is lengthy but hopefully it will give someone and idea of what to expect on the Adventure of the Seas.

Publication Date: 09/19/08