Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Alexandra Fusto

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Alexandra Fusto
Majesty of the Seas
Cabin Category: I
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
I just returned from a 3 night sailing on Majesty, my first on the ship in almost 2 years. Here are my observations.

We had three cabins with 6 travelling. Two were outside on Deck 2, mine outside on deck 8. The carpets have been replaced on the higher decks, but the lower decks are looking rough and really need to be replaced. They were soiled, worn and faded. Also, there was often a strong sewage smell in the forward section of Deck 2.

The public rooms are well maintained and very clean, as are the outside deck areas. There was always someone working to keep things shipshape.

We had cabin 8090, with an obstructed view of which we were not advised at time of booking. We looked straight out to a lifeboat. Otherwise, the cabin was typical small RCI space, compact but efficient. Our room steward did a great job for us keeping things clean.

I was pleased with the new menus aboard and the overall improvement with food quality. The menus have been redesigned and are very contemporary and attractive. I did not see much of a change in the overall offerings and it was the same theme nights as on previous 3 night cruises: Italian, Captain's Dinner and Farewell dinner. I thought the foor in the Windjammer much improved, with a wider variety of choices at lunch especially. Service in the dining room was very good. ALso they are now serving Seattle's Best Coffee, which is quite an improvement over the coffee previously served.

Entertainment was not up to RCI standards on this voyage. The musicians were not of the caliber I have experienced on previous cruises with RCI and I heard the same opinions voiced by other veteran cruisers.

There were a lot of kids aboard as well as lot of teenagers. Our hallway was filled with smoke all the time and I had to call the Pursers Desk at midnight the last night as there were a bunch of teens hanging out in the hallway, drinking, cursing and playing loud music. There were children in the hot tubs all day long and the usual problem with the cruise staff not enforcing their own rules. That was the worst part of the cruise.

All in all, the cruise was a good value for the price we paid, about 350 per person for the weekend.

Publication Date: 05/25/04