Carnival Glory Cruise Review by frednsb

Cabin Category: 8B
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

SUPERCHARGED!
This is my wife and my 8th cruise since we have been married (6 years now). We have sailed with Carnival four times and RCCL five. Our experience on the Carnival Glory (our first time on her) was magnificent!

We live only 50 minutes from Port Canaveral so we did not need to spend the night. We drove down from our home with my brother and sister-in-law who went with us for there first long cruise. We stopped for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel on Hwy. #50 as we always do and it was very good.

We got to the Port about 12 noon as we had heard the Glory arrived home about 2 hours late due to weather and an at sea rescue. Traffic into the port was the worst we had ever seen because of this. We dropped our luggage which was slower than normal since people had disembarked late. But once parked it was a smooth and effortless embarkation. I do have to say though that the parking fees are terribly expensive. If you fly or drive down stay at a local hotel who will shuttle you to the port and let you park for free at there hotel.

The ship was fantastic! Big, Clean, Friendly. Our cabin was a balcony cabin that we got into right after we ate in the Lido Redsails buffet which was very good. Drinks of ice tea, coffee, juice and lemonade are free all the time. Pizza and deli sandwiches are also available all the time as is ice cream and frozen yogurt.

We had a balcony cabin on Empress deck. It was large and roomy and our first balcony. I will never cruise again without the balcony. It adds so much to the experience. Plenty of drawer, closet and shelf space. A frig., and bigger bathroom and large shower. The balcony had two chairs and a table and plenty of room and privacy!!!

We usually eat most of our meals in the buffet, but the dining experience was so great that we ate all but one dinner in the dining room. Our waiter, Iwayne and his assistant were the best. The shows the waiters and staff and SUPERCHARGED JOSEF put on were cute. The food was very good, better than RCCL!

Shows were good for cruise fare! We went to the Rocking Down Broadway and a Tribute to Motown shows.

The casino was fun. I played in two Slot tournaments and my wife in two Blackjack ones. The Casino Manager Carlos was the friendliest and best I have ever met. The casino staff especially the cashiers staff were great. All bartenders were friendly and helpful.

Our cabin steward, Udoo was the best. He did everything we asked of him and more and always with a smile.

Ports: Cozumel Mexico was very commercial as we only walked downtown for lunch and shopping. We ate at Las Palmaras as it was recommended and it was very good. Roatan, Honduras was beautiful We clear kayaked and snorkeled there at a park with a pool and monkey and hummingbird reserve. Very cool! Guides were very helpful and friendly. The bus trip there was exciting. Belize - we cave tubed here in the rain forest and it was one of the best things I have ever done! You have got to do this. Tubing down a river and going into underground caverns (all with guides and staff) was great! Freeport- is Freeport. We went to it's one casino, Isle of Capri, ate lunch at Zorba's ( I had a whole fried snapper, mac and cheese and crab and rice-good). The hurricanes have been rough on Freeport.

Getting off the ship was the smoothest and quickest of all my cruises.

Butch the cruise director was very good! The cruise and Glory were my best experience yet. So good we are going again in December!!! frednsb@aol.com

Publication Date: 09/14/08