Carnival Glory Cruise Review by ResAdvisor: FANTASTIC AS ALWAYS

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

FANTASTIC AS ALWAYS

Sail Date: September 2008
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My family arrived home just last night after our third cruise with Carnival. My mother - Barbara, my wife - Laura, my daughters - Angela and Amy, and I cruised the Western Caribbean. Mom is in her 70's, Laura is in her 40's, The girls are 23 and 22 and I am in my 50's.

This latest cruise is the second on Glory. The first went to the Eastern Caribbean. I was so impressed with the trip that I recommended it to a co-worker who sailed with his wife last spring. We are the envy of the workplace as we still talk about our experiences. I will not say that my trips have been absolutely perfect, but it was a close to heaven as I have been so far. The ship was clean, the crew was courteous and I was provided with whatever I needed before I asked for it.

As for service, the team who cleaned our rooms - Sentana, Gede and Dodo - not only cleaned our rooms as we would expect, but also were some of the friendliest people you would ever want to meet. I am not saying that More they were friendly just because they were supposed to be. This team remembered our names after our first meeting and went out of their way to make sure that they were acquainted with each member of my family before the end of the first day and then greeted each of us by name each time we met. They were responsible for restoring the staterooms to their original condition daily.

The Dining Room Team. I have seen other reviews that name "Mr V the Maitre'd" and have to say that they do not go far enough. He should be training everyone in the entire cruise line. Of course he was personable and friendly when greeting guests, that is is job. He went far above and beyond his responsibilities not only by mixing with the guests during meals and away from the restaurant. In other parts of the ship away from the dining areas "Mr. V" greeted my family with warmth and respect. The waiters, were great. Jair the Team Head Waiter, and Santosa catered to our every need. Due to the exuberance of our daughter Amy, I am sure that they will remember table 321 for a very long time.

After sleeping in on Friday morning and breaking with the routine of being up to watch the sunrise, the waiters on the Lido Deck, who are too numerous to name,made note of my absence and expressed concern for my welfare when greeting my mother.

The activities and entertainment were excellent. Where else could you go to see a Vegas style show, make a fool of yourself in a dance class and be moved to tears by romantic music within a single afternoon. I do not know their real names, but "The Romantic Trio" created one of my most memorable moments.

The absolute worst part of the cruise comes on Saturday morning. It is at that time you must leave the ship.

Overall, this cruise has been my most pleasant and enjoyable. If you are planning your first cruise, do yourself a favor and sail on Carnival Glory. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>