“Needs a Refresher Course”
Cruise review of Carnival Pride

Leslie Carnival Pride 3 Needs a Refresher Course
Leslie
Member Since 2000
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
On and off the ship were a snap, customs easiest ever this trip.

As a frequent cruiser having been on about 15 cruises different cruises, NCL, RCL, Princess, and Cunard. I've been on Carnival before, this exact itinerary and wasn't thrilled but thought I'd give it another chance as the price was right and it was a celebration for my fiancee's birthday. For all around service we prefer Princess. Strange as Carnival owns both, but the level is not up to par in so many different areas.

Our Steward tried, but it was hit or miss. He'd forget ice, glasses, breakfast room service flyer, or something. I had to leave a note for soap once, and go find him for TP!

Unfortunately, room service was not a snap, nor was the order often correct. Beware the fruit plate or the citrus plate, what a joke, you'll starve! In fact we were told once, that we didn't need 2 pots of coffee by the delivery person. What's with that?

The ports are nice and the excursions offered are varied, but a tad on the pricey side. Las Calentas is a fun place to go,with very outgoing, pleasing deck crew. We booked thru ship and so is Stone Island (booked online cheaper). At Cabo we just did the walking tourista stuff as we'd been there several times previously.

The public restrooms all seem to have a strong, strange unpleasant odor. Some of the hand dryers work, no paper to use if electric ones broken.

The food in the buffet is very, very bland. The Dining room was better, but I was not impressed with the choices, and desserts were lacking. I am not a meat eater so fish entrees were minimal. Luckily I didn't gain any weight.

The entertainment was almost identical to this cruise 2 years ago, how about an update!

The A/C went off in Puerto Vallarta so we returned to an oven of a cabin. On the last day at sea, the toilets stopped flushing, a ship problem I was told!

They pushed to buy this and that, and be warned, the photographers are everywhere all the time.

Shopping, shopping, shopping! There are lots of good stores in ports to go to, the ones recommended pay a fee so don't be fooled. In fact, Carnival's gift to my fiancee was a discount at Diamonds International, like he wanted anything there! Please!!!!!!!

The casino staff is very friendly, and prompt to any needs. I did feel the slots pretty tight however.

We picked this cruise and time of year thinking kids would be in school. Unfortunately, there were a lot of unruly kids running the halls and slamming doors, screaming at warp pitch, with parents just oblivious to anything. I understand they are on vacation too, but as a parent of 4 grown children, I did not tolerate that behavior to ruin it for others

I found the drinks very expensive; a beer $5.25, a double Vodka $13!

we will steer clear of Carnival in the future, as the price wasn't that right for what we got.

Carnival Pride Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Pride Review
Carnival Pride Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?