Carnival Valor Cruise Review by judy73: Carnival is getting better, better and better

judy73
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival is getting better, better and better

Sail Date: August 2008

I plan this group( 18 of us range from age 3-55) cruise almost a year ago and chose the Valor because it was the customer preferred. I can tell you Yes it is. My group flew down the day before and stayed at the the Miami Hilton which was a nice hotel but will probably stay some were next time. I didn't like the hidden charge.

Embarkation: We arrived at the pier at approximately 12pm. The embarkation process started moving very smoothly. Because, I was the group coordinator I was taken through priority check-in and was given a priority boarding pass were other people were given a number and had to wait until there number was call before they could board the ship. However, from my observation, even the regular check in was no more than a twenty five minute process from dropping off the bags with the porters to actually getting on the ship itself.

Rooms: Once onboard we found out that some of our rooms were not ready yet. Once they were though, the rooms were very More clean, spacious, brightly colored and more than ample his and hers closet space. There also were mini-bars in each cabin as well as spacious bathrooms with little amenities such as razors and toothpaste, etc.,. We had a balcony room and the balcony was very clean and roomy enough to move around each other. Overall the rooms were on point in every category: Space,comfort,cleanliness.

Food and Beverages: The food I must admit has gotten a lot better on Carnival. There were so many options to choose from. The Lido buffet was always jumping with a taste of nation every day. The Asian & Deli stations were also good. The Pizza and Fish and Chips station was good as well. Don't forget the dining hall, truly an unforgettable experience. There was complimentary fruit punch, lemonade and iced tea everyday all day throughout the cruise.

Kid's Program: The kid's and the teenagers loved their respective programs. They especially loved the free smoothies that were given out constantly to the teens in the H2O club.

Entertainment: The entertainment was hit and miss. Sometimes it was very good and sometimes it was mediocre. But, you have to make sure to see Percy Crews comedy show. You will not be disappointed. The Ventriloquist was just as hilarious. Those two shows were the best on the cruise.

Debarkation: The debarkation process was not as smooth as the embarkation process. You had to wait for them to call your number from 1-40 before you could leave the ship. However, there was plenty of space to sit and wait till your number was called. Then you had to wait at the carousel for your baggage and it was a madhouse trying to clear customs after you got your bag.

This cruise did stop at St. Maarten which is great for shopping, Bahamas which I have been there numerous of times so I did not explore the island and St. Thomas which has good shopping and has great beaches. If ever in St. Thomas call Elaine Mercer 1-340-643-3557 she will give you a great deal on shopping and going to the beach.

Overall, the entire cruise was nothing less than excellent. I am a platinum member with RCCL and they better watch out. Because, I never thought I would find myself saying that Carnival really has it going on.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me.... Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Lido 9279

Cabin was spacious, balcony was clean, plenty of closet space