Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Janie

Cruise Date: August 2008
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera

ok for first time
We were in a group of 7 ages 25-35. 3 couples and my sister. She didn't mind being solo because this cruise was really for "us" sisters. There's 4 of us.

We have laggers in our group so we didn't get to Long Beach port until 1pm. We got in line and was really almost the last group to board. The weather was nice and the line was moving so fast so it wasn't a problem at all. By the time we go in, the buffet was over. We grabbed some sushi before heading straight to our room to check it out. We were located on the 8th floor balcony. I have nothing bad to say except, next time I would choose a room that is more in the middle of the ship. Ours wasn't totally at the end but it was rearing toward that way. Some night it was so shaky but I was so dead tired, I fell asleep before I could complain about it.

The first 2 1/2 days at sea was nice because you could really relax. By the time you get to PV, everyone wants out. We had nothing planned but don't worry, there's tons of people who will try to sell you tourist packages. Thanks to the ppl on here, I recognized who the time share people are. DON'T go with them. A clue to who they are is, they'll ask you how many couples are there. When they start to offer you free things, watch out for those people. We just went with a jungle tour which was ok. I was a bit annoyed because I feel that the driver takes you straight to shopping areas when you're not even interested. Our driver took us to this restaurant up in the jungle. I thought that was interesting but the part that I got pissed off a little was, he ordered food for us when we never asked him too. He asked us if we wanted to order some nacho and etc...and our replies was "we will in a bit if we're hungry". Before we knew it, the orders came out! Well, we just ate it and paid for it. But I think the driver is getting some commission for doing so. And the food wasn't that great and it was expensive. To top it off, the restaurant owner accused my sister of cheating him on the dollar. The total came out to 360 pesos and he wanted $38 american dollar from us. So the drive back, our driver was very quiet. I think he knew that we got screwed over.

In Mazatlan, there was so many time share people. I just wished they would leave us alone. They followed us everywhere even when we say no thanks. If you tell them you have plans, they want proof of your tickets before they leave you alone. That was a turn off for me. We had a tour driver who drove us around. Again, he took us straight to the shopping area. I was not interested in buying junk. Then we had him take us to the gate to get to Stone Island. OMG, I have to warn you that you will not get any relaxation there. You get bugged every 2minute to buy some junk. That doesn't even bother me as much as what I'm about to tell you. What bothers me the most is, they'll try to rip you off. I'm the kind of person that buys things to support a cause but I get turned off when it turns into lies. For example, this guy was trying to sell me this bracelet that is not worth more than $3 in America. How do I know? Because I've seen in at the flea market. He try to sell it to me for $25! I hate it when people are dishonest.

Next stop was in CABO...I liked this stop the most. It was a little cleaner. There are still people who tries to sell you things. But.....the stuff at this port cost the most. They will not bargain with you at all. I was going to buy a t-shirt for my daughter which was $12. I asked if they can lower to $10 and she said no. She wouldn't even give it me to for any other prices except for $12. I thought to myself, forget it. I don't need a cheap t-shirt for $12. That tshirt should be no more than $5 in America. We snuba here and that was the best part of my trip.

So would I cruise again? Of course. To Mexico? BIG NO! Not sure if everyone country is this way but I will NOT do Mexican Riviera again!

Publication Date: 08/29/08