Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Sara: It was OK!

Sara
Member Since 2000

Service Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

It was OK!

Sail Date: July 2008
Destination: Bahamas

I picked the SKY because I wanted a short getaway to the Bahamas. I had heard this the ship was having some problems on her first couple of cruises. On my cruise, which was the end of July, it seems things were more under control.

Food: Food was OK but not great. Midnight buffet is the worst. They would do better just not yo have it. Just how many ways can you serve hotdogs? The 24 hour restaurant is great but it took forever to get food if they were busy. We tried some of the specialty restaurants and the steak house was the best.

Cabins: Cabin was a bit small but clean. Stewards were very attentive to our needs.

Itinerary: Nothing to write home about. The private island was very nice but their are not enough full size lounges to go around.

Entertainment: Production shows were predictable but good. Comedian was funny, lounge entertainment was good but they need to cut the Latin band and get a top 40 dance or rock band. The Piano Bar entertainer More (Carl Evans) was by far one of the best acts on board. His talent, good looks and quick wit seemed to be a big hit with the females on the ship. Matt Baker was the cruise director and is polished, professional and very energetic.

Summary: I think this ship will be good run once they work put all the kinks. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>