Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Lisa : wonderful 1st cruise with Norwegian Spirit!

Lisa
Member Since 2000

Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Bahamas Cruises

wonderful 1st cruise with Norwegian Spirit!

Sail Date: August 2008
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We just got back from a 6 night cruise to Bahamas on Norwegian Spirit traveling were 10 of us all together with 2 inside staterooms, 1 ocean view, and 1 balcony. Here is my review on the whole experience......

Embarkation..New York we arrived at approximately 12:00 with a car service, checked in and were on the boat by 1:30 we went right to raffles for a wonderful lunch buffet. the whole process ran very smoothly for us.

The boat itself was absolutely beautiful. I read all these reviews before we went and was a little nervous after reading the bad reviews but I have to say between all of us we really had very little to complain about.

We ate at almost all the restaurants on board. Raffles buffet had so much food and it was very good, the two main restaurants windows and the garden room were "okay" I wasn't really impressed with either one especially at breakfast. i felt the portions were small and the food not hot enough. Cagney's steak house was More excellent, as was La Trattoria and Shogun. We never got to go to Teppanyaki as it was always booked. My advice stick with Raffles for the most part it was crowded but the food was very good.

Our itinerary was supposed to have our first stop at Port Canaveral but due to hurricane Fay, the port was closed and we had to go straight to Nassau. this was fine by me since I actually wanted to spend more time in Bahamas but i can only assume there will be alot of people upset about this since there were alot of excursions in Florida. We arrived in Nassau at 8:00 am instead of the scheduled 1:00 so we did some shopping (the stores are right off the boat) Once you get passed the people pushing you to do their tours ad hair braiding the streets with the stores were actually very nice. We also did the Dolphin swim at Blue Lagoon Island we had a WONDERFUL time it was awesome I would HIGHLY recommend it. Others in our group did the glass bottom boat and were not really impressed. My daughter and her friends went to Senor Frogs at night at said they had a wonderful time.

We arrived at Grand Bahama Island the next day at 7. Alot of excursions were canceled here because of the rough waters.. we chose to do the Eco horseback adventure which was not canceled, we enjoyed it but we felt it was just too long (2 hrs) and we booked it specifically because we wanted to go onto the beach with the horse which we weren't able to do because of the rough water.

The pool on the boat was nice, a little small and it can get crowded but that's to be expected.

The crew were very nice and friendly and never had a bad experience here. We spend alot of time in the casino and won $300 which was nice.

The pictures that they take on the boat were very expensive $25 for an each 8 by 10 but they do a nice job.

The drinks I didn't think were too expensive with auto gratuity it was $2.00 for soda and around $8 for specialty drinks

The cabins were actually bigger than I expected and very nice the bathrooms were tiny but still nice.

We went to 3 of the shows and they were all wonderful.

There were alot of different activities going on during the day and night but we really didn't participate in any of them.

all in all the complaints we do have are minor.... they took a long time to clean up room service plates from the hallways, the pictures were expensive, and the two main dining rooms were not impressive.

But none of these minor things will deter us from cruising with them again We had a wonderful time and can't wait to cruise again. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>