Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by MrsP111

Email: MrsP111@aol.com
Cruise Date: May 2004
Cabin Category: 4A
Cabin Number: M215
See More About: Carnival Fascination Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Fascination - Western Caribbean

Carnival Cruise Lines lived up to it's "FUN SHIP" moniker big time on this cruise!!

My daughter and I set sail out of Miami on the 10th of May having spent 2 days in South Beach. We REALLY needed to relax on the cruise, but that would NOT happen.

Embarkation was a breeze, which really delighted me because we were picking up our cruise documents at the pier (this was a first!) and I was nervous about how that would go. Everything was in order and we were upgraded from a 1A cabin(yes, I actually took the risk) to a 4A cabin...which was fantastic. We never planned to really spend much time in the cabin, we just wanted to be ON the ship! It was a beautiful day as we sailed away from Miami heading to Key West.

As soon as we completed the Safety Drill, the partying began! We met many cruisemates who had the same mindset..Let's Have Some FUN! We enjoyed the band on the Lido Deck for a while and then headed off for our Early Seating dinner. Our table was full and everyone was open and talkative sharing who we were, where we were from, why we were cruising etc. There were 2 college students with Moms (I am one of the Moms) 2 beautiful young ladies from Sweden, 2 guys who were best friends from Michigan & Florida, and a beautiful couple celebrating their 12th Anniversary who were from Canada. We were quite an eclectic group and that made for a lot of conversation and fun during dinner each day. Jin, our head waiter was GREAT! He was very attentive and accommodating to our requests.

After dinner it was off to the Casino to give away a few dollars....they had NO problem at all receiving what I had to give!

The next morning we were in Key West. It was quite cloudy and windy. There was work being done on the pier so there were tenders to take you into Key West. Looked a bit rocky, so we opted not to go and just enjoyed some time on deck relaxing by the pool, reading, eating and drinking. That evening we enjoyed the Hollywood production and then some late night pizza.

The next day we were in Cozumel (YEA!!) and the weather was PERFECT!! My daughter and I had purchased the "Passion Island Adventure" excursion and it turned out to be the perfect choice for us! We had a GREAT time enjoying the beach, the food, swimming with the fish and especially, the open bar! (WHOOO-hoo!) I only wish we could have stayed longer! I have vowed to do the exact same excursion the next time I cruise to Cozumel!

That evening we attended the Deck Party on Lido and had a fantastic time doing the Macarena, Electric Slide, YMCA, etc with a hundred other cruisemates! It was a BLAST!! Our Day at Sea was spent relaxing, reading, recovering (from the day before) and shopping in the Duty Free Gift Shops and Photo Shop. Hey! We made the travelogue...so we HAD to buy it!! (smile)

Alas, debarkation morning was upon us and everything went quickly and smoothly. I really appreciate the "quick debarkation" or "self-help debarkation" whichever it is called. People can disembark earlier and quicker if they keep and carry all their luggage with them instead of setting it out the night before. I'm sure this contributed to our debarkation process moving so quickly. It was a GREAT cruise and I can't wait until my next Carnival "Fun Ship" Cruise!!!

Publication Date: 06/10/04