Carnival Legend 5

“A fabulous time was had by all!”
Cruise review of Carnival Legend

Faye Farrell

Overall Member Rating

We started our adventure at 6:30am on Sunday morning when we boarded our limo bus to take 18 of us and all that luggage to the airport. We arrived at the ship approximately 1:00 and the embarking process went surprisingly well and we checked in and boarded by 2:00 Our rooms were ready and our luggage was waiting for us when we went to check out our room.

Our room was very nice and accommodated the 4 of us quite well. Mr. M was our room steward and I only wish that I could have brought him home with me. He always welcomed us with a smile and addressed us by our names.

I can't say enough about the food in the dining room. It was absolutely fabulous...especially the veal parmigiana! Our server was German and the service he provided for us was outstanding. German made sure my 15 year son got enough to eat and provided him with 2nd and 3rd entries if he so desired. The nightly entertainment the staff provided in the dining room was great as well. My only complaint about More the dining room is that they were a little anal in the morning about where you wanted to sit and that all members of your party had to be present before they could seat you. There were lots of choices at the lunch buffet...the deli was one of our favourites and the BBQ burgers and fries at the pool were great as well. We had an 8:15 sitting for dinner and it worked out so well. We always had time to relax after being out all day on our excursions and we still had plenty of time to get showered and ready for dinner.

Because we were such a large group we scattered and went on different excursions so it would be too lengthy to go into all of them. The highlights were Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman....Cave Tubing in Belize. All 18 went on the Jolly Roger excursion together. Our first stop was the park with the monkeys and then we went snorkeling. Roatan Island was hands down our favourite port. Stay away from Senor Frogs in Cozumel...I paid $22.50 for a pina colada and I still can't get my head around that!

Disembarking once again went surprising well....although being Canadian citizens we had to be at U.S. Immigration at 6:15 am and we were not too impressed with that!

Overall it was a great vacation. Although we were busy it was still very relaxing. I would definitely go on a Carnival cruise again! Less

Carnival Legend Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

4174
Our cabin was great. There was plenty of space for all of our belongings. The bed were very comfortable...even the one that came down from the ceiling. Loved the balcony....it was very relaxing to sit on the balcany and enjoy the sea air.

Published 08/23/08

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review

Carnival Legend Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?