Norwegian Star Cruise Review by lovezags: Good Expierence on Star

Good Expierence on Star

Sail Date: July 2008
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Departed from Seattle and had a very easy time getting on board everything was very smooth. We parked across the street from the ship and our luggage was expressed over to our room so that was very nice.

We found the food on the ship very good. Ate mostly at the two main dinning rooms for dinner. One night in Aqua we had slow service and the food was so-so. I had ordered a steak and it was a bit on the tough side. The other night we had great service and the food was very good. The other nights we ate in Venetian, we never had to wait in line and never made a reservation. We seemed to always be there at about 7pm. The food was very good, my husband had lobster on lobster night and did end up ordering two as they were small. I had the beef wellington and it was wonderful. My daughter ate salmon every night and loved it. My son who is a picky eater ordered off the menu and was always happy with his choices. We loved the souffle's and the cold soups.

I was More disappointed in the market cafe, food was lukewarm and not that tasty. We did eat at the grill on deck a couple times and it was ok. My daughter and I ate in the Venetian for breakfast one morning and that was disappointing

My husband loved the hot wings and there was plenty of ice cream for my kids.

We thought the service was very good except for the one evening in Aqua that was slow. Otherwise everybody was very helpful, pleasant and did an amazing job.

I thought the two shows that we saw were very good, really enjoyed the Andrew Lloyd Weber production as well as the Band on the Run. The Chinese Acrobats were ok, not really my thing but still ok. Only saw Murray for the last few minutes of his show but it was ok. I wanted to see the comedian, Bud Anderson but could never make it.

I thought bingo was a bit pricey and was heavily pushed. I also felt that Alison the "shopping consultant" was a bit much and her spiel got old very quickly.

The shore excursions were really wonderful and we enjoyed all the ports. I was surprised at how many jewelry stores are in each port. I had cruised to Alaska before, many years ago and it was not nearly as rustic and quaint as it was then. I do feel that the stop in Prince Rupert could have been a little shorter, as there wasn't anything to do there and we opted not to do a shore excursion.

I did like the freestyle experience and enjoyed not having to dress up for dinner everynight. I did see people in jeans tho-in the Venetian.

We did the "express check out" and was highly disappointed in that. We were supposed to depart at 8:15 and it took us at least 45 minutes to get off the ship due to the long line that wrapped around the ship with passengers trying to get off.

We would probably go on NCL again as the price was right for us and it was a good family vacation. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>