Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Sari: It was different, thats for sure!

Sari
Member Since 2003

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Eastern Caribbean Cruises

It was different, thats for sure!

Sail Date: July 2008

I decided to take a spin on the NCL's Sky out of Miami since I cruised on her when she was in Hawaii. I had heard a lot of hype about the refurbishing of this ship but unfortunately all the hoopla fell a bit short of my expectations.

This was a four day run to Freeport, Nassau and the NCL private Island at the end of July. I believe it was the ships fourth or fifth sailing since in started this new run.

The stateroom was good! (had a standard outside cabin) and although my air conditioning worked fine, the ship in general seemed a bit on the hot side. The ship's decor has not changed much (still a bit Hawaiian) and the carpeting needs to be replaced in many areas.

The food was OK, but just OK. The "Freestyle" concept did allow us some flexibility with eating times and we did try many of the restaurants with "Cagney's" still being our favorite!

The Crew and Staff were very friendly and always accommodating!

Entertainment was pretty good More for a ship of this level. The production shows were typical and a bit predictable but very enjoyable! The deck and mite club parities were very high energy. A few entertainment bright spots: The Cruise Director (Matt Baker) was a very polished individual and was always involved and visible. One can tell that he takes his job to heart! The most memorable and enjoyable part of the cruise (entertainment wise) was the Piano Bar! This talented musician (Carl Evans) was by far the best performer on that ship. And he was the talk of the female passengers as his good looks and charm in addition to his talent was mesmerizing at times.

The casino is new and I actually won some money.

I think this will become a good short vacation cruise. When I was on it there were just too many kids but that is to be expected in the summer. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>