Carnival Valor Cruise Review by bettypc: Great time had by all

1,348 Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great time had by all

Sail Date: June 2008

9 of us booked a 7 night Carnival cruise in June. We were celebrating DM's 80th birthday.

6 came from NY and used Carnival's transportation services and 3 of us came from Raleigh through Atlanta down to Fort Lauderdale. Picked up at the airport by LeBlanc Limo. They were right there waiting for us as promised. Great company to do business with. We asked for a quick stop at the "RUM" store on the way to our Miami hotel- Rum Runners need to be filled up! Stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for the one night. Room 600 We arrived way to late to get a room with a view- it was a fine hotel for 1 night. Great room service - try the Cuban Pressed Sandwich & Chocolate Cake!

Walked over to Bayside. I am not a big shopper - so we looked only. We took a taxi from the hotel to the Ship. Freedom of the Seas was also docked there. We got there about 10:50 and gave our bags to a nice porter - and went inside a beautiful GIANT building which leads to the ship.

Had More some lines to stand in - but not bad. We were given Zone 2 for boarding. I had a DOD in hand at 12:15 - hooray!! Funship Special- very yummy. Got some snacks at the Grill - Mom went into Rosies' and came back with a tray filled with food - all of which she enjoyed. Especially the Key Lime Pie. I helped myself to a lowfat chocolate cone - from the self service ice cream station!!

Had a great cabin - Empress Deck room 7338. It was quiet and on our beautiful balcony we were lucky enough to smell NO SMOKE!! I booked Empress on the hope that it would be quiet - since that deck is between 2 other room only decks.

We enjoyed the food - for the most part had no complaints. We also felt that the smoke wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. I did not see roaming bands of youth. Everyone seemed to be well behaved.

We did Super Trivia during our sea days - - go Team Robert. We did not win but it was fun. It was in Winston's Cigar Bar - the smell takes a bit of getting used to - but it was closed - so no smokers at that time. We also did Adult Bean Bag Toss & Regular Trivia. We went to shows and the comedians.I enjoyed them - I was not expecting broadway - I think the dancers & singers did a great job & tried hard to entertain us! I loved HAPPY COLE - he was so funny. See him if he is on your ship I am not going into the Ports - as others have done it well.

I am going to mention things we loved - 1. Room service bringing coffee - be prepared they come a Bit early 2. Loved our dinner in the Washington dining room - upper level - waiters Igede and Samuel did a great job for us 3. Room Stewards - NiMade & Imade kept our ice full and Room clean. 4. The Self Serve Ice Cream Machine 5. Chocolate Chip cookies on the Buffet. Next time I am Stocking up! 6. Casino - I enjoyed it - was up about 30 dollars when we Had to leave the ship. 7. We had a great Maitre De - we were close to her station And she talked with us - telling us jokes each night. Her name was Alida. 8. I loved our Cruise Director Chris Jefferson & his Team - Michael and I have forgotten the young ladies name She is British, tall and slender & very fun.

I missed -

1. High Tea - I missed it! 2. Hairy Chest contest 3. Midnight Shows (all of them) 4. Art Auction - would have liked to have seen it

The 9 of us want to go back in 2010 - graduation cruise! We would go Carnival again - maybe the Western Caribbean. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Empress 7338

Cabin was great, quiet - plenty of room for all of our stuff. Near elevator- quiet location