Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by lm3898: NCL DAWN- NICKEL & DIMED!

Norwegian Dawn 3
Member Since 2008

Overall Member Rating

Sail Date: July 2008
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Just got back from Norwegian Dawn cruise to Bermuda. This was my first cruise & I guess there were good & bad goes...

GOOD: The cruise ship is beautiful. It is very clean & large, there was great maid service, & very good food in the "free" restaurants. Embarking & return were quite smooth.

BAD: Front Desk-every time I tried to ask them something I got a different response! Restaurants: After paying a fairly expensive price for a balcony room they really have some nerve charging an ADDITIONAL price for MOST of their restaurants. Seriously!

Pictures: Yes, it's nice to take pictures but not only were they overpriced, they were taken in the main entry-way and made it very difficult to get through every evening.

I felt that any time they thought they could get money out of you they tried to! Even BINGO started at $34 but we were told you don't have a chance at winning unless you play with the $70 boards...honestly More $70 to play BINGO?

The cruise director was TERRIBLE! The only time he tried to tell us what was going on was if there was money for NCL to make (example only mentioned BINGO or the art auction or the meeting to book future cruises). If I heard him say "drop your hotdogs for smashing bingo" one more time I might have slapped him! All of the drinks including a soda had an automatic 15% tip added to the bill. The art auction was a joke! Nothing comes framed and they charge an additional $50 to ship the artwork! Also, there was very limited nightlife and the shows were TERRIBLE! I saw better in my 10th grade drama class!

I would take another cruise but DEFINITELY NOT with NCL! Less

Member Since 2008
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X