Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Marshall C: Enchantment is Enchanting

0 Post

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Enchantment is Enchanting

Sail Date: July 2008

First, a little about me. This cruise on Enchantment was my 20th cruise on RCCL. Needless to say I like the line. This trip was a getaway for just myself and my wife (no kids). Ok, here goes:

Embarkation: This was great. They split you into groups and have you go into the screening area and check in area in smaller groups which I really like. We got to the port at 11:15 and had a drink in hand by 11:50, which I consider a great time. They do not let you in the staterooms until 1, so we went to the Windjammer (redesigned and very nice) for lunch and then changed into swimsuits and went to the Solarium. i would recommend to anyone who is going to get onboard early to carry a swimsuit in your carry-on and change in the restrooms. Anyways, got to our rooms right at one and back to the top deck. One disappointment on this ship is that the Solarium chairs are not padded. We normally stay here because we are not as interested in all the goings-on by the pool.

Specialty More restaurant: This ship has been retrofitted with a Chops Grille, and we ate there twice. It was AWESOME! The best steak I have ever put in my mouth. Dominic and Rachel were awesome. I highly recommend this restaurant, especially for couples. It is very elegant and very romantic.

Grand Cayman: We went parasailing here, and I highly recommend that to anyone. The shopping is fine or souvenir type items as well. This is a port that you have to tender into from the ship, and unless you have an excursion, I would recommend waiting about an hour. The tendering process at the beginning of the day seemed a bit scattered. It took almost 45 minutes to get two tenders off, and that seems long in my experience.

Cozumel: Nice port area, shopping good as well. Our tour got cancelled, but that was OK because we just shopped and went back to the ship. We had the ship just about to ourselves, which was nice.

Disembarkation: Smooth as silk. Hardly any wait, and right through customs and to the airport. It was great. Issues: We had a couple of issues on the ship, only one of which caused any real headache: - Rooms: The room size was fine for what we needed, but the air was not cooling too well in the room and we had a drawer that would not stay shut and creak when you could feel the ship moving (which was not often). - Pool Attendants: This is the issue that really got to us, and we actually got in a couple of rather heated arguments with staff over this. There is a rule in the Solarium area that states that no GLASSWARE OR FOOD can be in the pool area: I have no problem with this rule at all. The bartender in the Solarium area (Gerald, who was great) would give me a PLASTIC cup for my beer and a plastic cup for my wife's drinks, and we would set them on the wooded area by the pool (not actually in the pool). The pool attendant was militant about us and others in the pool moving tour plastic cups off the side of the pool, an when questioned as to which rule said it could not be there, she brought up the glassware rule. We stated that it was not glass. She proceeded to argue further so we asked for her supervisor. He came out and gave the same song and dance, but could never explain why the plastic cup could not be by the pool (not in the pool, but by the pool). He said he was going to get his supervisor, but we never saw anybody else, Also, when I asked the bartender about the rule, he stated that the reason they had gone to all plastic cups (except for the souvenir cups) was so that we could have drinks by the pool.

Other than those issues, it was a truly memorable experience that we will definitely enjoy again. We are booked on Freedom of the Seas (with kids) for June 2009 already. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2 2118

2118 Enchantment - Right by elevators (awesome), showed a little wear, small but fine for our needs.