Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by I<3Cruises: Pretty good overall

0 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Western Caribbean Cruises

Pretty good overall

Sail Date: July 2008

Well, arriving at the port and getting on the ship was fine. We got there about 11:30am and was eating by 12:15pm. Very organized and they kept the line moving, good work carnival.

The first day on the boat was great. As soon as we got on we headed straight to the buffet. We ate everything and anything, and it was all great food. Got into our rooms at exactly 1:30pm like they said...they were fine. We had connecting rooms with my 2 other friends. Flat screen TV's definitely add to the room. I don't think I would personally ever do an inside cabin again. I felt very closed in, like a batcave.

We headed up to the Bon Voyage party which was a blast. Electric slide, cha-cha slide and the Conga Line were all in full effect. After the Bon Voyage party, we headed to the dreaded Muster Drill, it wasn't too bad. After the Muster drill, we for the bar for a few more drinks and then headed to the cabin to get ready for dinner. The dinners were always very good. More I didn't have one thing that i thought was just okay...everything was awesome. After dinner we headed the casino and finished the night in the disco.

The first full day on the boat we docked in Key West. We decided to do the Key West pub crawl. It was so much fun. I didn't realize that someone from Carnival was coming along to video tape the whole thing, and we ended up being in a good portion of the video so of course I had to buy it. And to make things even better, they showed the video on the boat for the rest of the cruise. After the pub crawl, we decided to go and lay by the pool, it was pretty difficult because all i wanted to do was take a nap...too many drinks during the pub crawl. So I headed back to the cabin to take a power nap. Thank god we took a nap because that saved me for the rest of the day. After the wonderful nap, we headed to yet another great dinner. Also, on a personally note, the casino was not good to me at all. I even stay away from the slot machines because everyone says that you never win. Blackjack was not good to me.

So our third day on the boat was spend in Cozumel. We decided to do a snorkel tour/glass bottom/booze cruise excursion. It was alot of fun. Pretty good snorkeling, we even saw a Barracuda. After that we head to Carlos and Charles to have some lunch, and i would have to say that our fajitas in the states are better! We did some dancing and went to Senor Frogs, did some more dancing and then went back to Carlos and Charles. We Pretty much were there until the boat left that night. We missed dinner that night but did make it to the buffet.

Our last full day on the boat was spent at sea. Laid by the pool, relaxed, went to the spa. It was a great way to end the trip.

Disembarkation was a little tricky since one of my travel buddies left her passport in the safe after we got off the boat. Luckily, someone was able to go and get it for her and it didn't put us too far behind.

All in all this was a great trip. The ship i would have to say does need some work, but i know that it is in the middle of renovations. I wouldn't minding seeing the ship after everything is done.

On another personal note, if you go on the Fascination, try the cheese sauce and the chicken fingers at lunch, probably the best i have ever had!!

HAPPY CRUISING!! Less