Eurodam Cruise Review by Maizy123

Cruise Date: July 2008
Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: I
See More About: Eurodam Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Not So Good
The Eurodam Maiden Voyage

This was my third cruise, I have been on Princess and Royal Caribbean prior to this summer and was looking forward to being on what I heard was an "elite first class ship."

Well folks, don't believe it! The rooms are cramped and small just like most ships. I was told that I would have a window or balcony cabin and ended up with a small inside 110 square foot room that I shared with my Mother-In-Law! HAL would not give out my room assignment until a week ahead of the cruise! Part HAL's fault part my travel agent.

Food: The Lido which is for breakfast and lunch had very regulated hours. If you were a morning person expect only coffee, if you were a sleeper expect only coffee! They opened breakfast at 8 and would not serve until that time. Also, if you went on port and were back after 2 they would not have food available aside from the grill fare and pizza.

All the items in the Lido were served for you creating lots of lines. Just for a waffle I stood in line for over 10 minutes because the server was making other things. Same with lunch, lines all the time. I did try to jump the line and got scolded by the staff!

While the food was better than home, it wasn't an AWWW. It was cafeteria food. Dinner which was "open seating" required reservation or waiting for a table or both. Dinner was often undercooked (steaks) or dry (fish) the vegetable entrEes were the best.

Service: The service was good not great. The cabin steward cleaned the small room we were in and placed the chocolates on the bed at night as well as made the towel animals. The dining room staff refilled cups but rarely offered to take your tray for sitting. The dinner staff cleared the table, took your order, sometimes recommending dishes, but did not wipe off crumbs that were left over from the bread.

The Ship: Cramped, not with people but chairs and tables all over.

As one can tell, I am not impressed with this HAL, it is not "elite" in any standards. This cruise was way over priced - It was a shame that I was not informed months prior of what the ship was like, I would have canceled out!

The Ports: If you just want the ports, then they were interesting! If you have questions, please feel free to contact me: lisaakelleher@comcast.net

Shows: The singers and dancers were very good, Justin Miller was also enjoyable; Comic was as I call "stuck on stupid" Dougie ? Another comedian told off-color jokes and put downs about his wife -- I left after 5 minutes!

Publication Date: 08/05/08