Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Jenuine16: Hot Waiting Game

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Hot Waiting Game

Sail Date: July 2008
Destination: Bahamas

Everything was very smooth upon arrival. Check-in was quick and painless. Everything was moving quickly and we were soon on board the ship. As we entered I really liked the fact that they have the hand sanitizing stand before you board the vessel. That for me was a huge plus. Once inside we proceeded to eat the buffet lunch which was fair. We walked around the ship for a while and saw the pools and so forth.

The Stateroom:: Well!!!! I had a stateroom with a balcony so I expected to be wowed when I walked in... I Was... The cabin was pretty small, very difficult to move around. 3 small drawers to put clothes but not much fit in there. The cabin was HOT!!! I mean HOT!!! I've been on many cruises before and I am usually cold. Not here, the cabin was hot and so was the rest of the ship. The bed was like sleeping on a piece of plywood. Most of the cabins don't have mattresses yet, instead they have a super firm cushion of some sort. I have a massive back ache.

As you More walked through the ship, you would encounter all types of foul odors. Mostly musty, mold, mildew, etc. They told us there were over 100 cabins closed due to the A/C problem. Some cabins had broken toilets.

Dining:: Well I'll tell you what. We spent hours eating. The ship is definitely understaffed. They took forever to open up a bottle of wine. The appetizers took long and so did the dinner. It was difficult keeping my 5 year old calm while we waited for the food. I've never sat so long in restaurants like I did on this ship. One morning we waited an hour to get our breakfast and when it came the waitress said to me sorry ma'am but we are out of waffles. After an hour!!! I ended up not eating. The food was decent but definitely not top rated dining like I've had on many other ships. The food was mediocre at best.

Children's Activities: The activities were good. My daughter had a great time and the counselors were very loving and friendly. The area they were at though was very small. They do not give all families a pager. I feel that they should. It's easier to page a parent than to make a million phone calls to try to find them on a ship. There were lots of counselors to attend to all the children.

Entertainment:: WELL!!! We missed all the shows you want to know why??? Because we were waiting to get our food at the restaurants. Waiting and Waiting and Waiting. That's all we did. Of course, combine that waiting with sweat. Because it was hot everywhere.

Casino: The casino is small. There are a few blackjack tables and one roulette table. There are several machines and of course, no A/C. It felt like a sauna with cigarette smoke.

Finally back home. Disembarkation was a breeze. We waited for a little bit to clear customs but no big deal.

Gotta tell you, I don't know if I will cruise NCL again and if I do, I am going to make sure it is a newer ship and pray for a well-trained staff. And of course, AIR CONDITIONER THAT WORKS!!!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>