Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Marciacubed: We had a terrific time!

Marciacubed
Member Since 2005

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

We had a terrific time!

Sail Date: July 2008
Embarkation: Tampa

Let me start by saying we really enjoyed the cruise. There were 3 of us in our party the ages were 80, 45 and 12. We live in Florida but we decided to go to Tampa a day early (we didn't want to miss the boat). We stayed at the Howard Johnson's it was nice and clean. They charged $5.00 a day for parking and had a shuttle to the port. The shuttle was great I am so glad we decided to stay there and use the shuttle. Embarkation at Tampa was very easy.

The ship was exactly like I thought it would be. I had seen all the pictures and videos prior so there were no surprises.

The first day at sea I went to hear Keith give the shopping talk I would highly recommend going and listening to him. He was very helpful, we saw him in port and he helped my mom get a great deal on a watch.

Grand Cayman was a beautiful port with great shopping. We took the Trolley Roger tour that we bought from the ship. It was OK. I would not really recommend it if you can walk around the More town yourself. He really didn't offer much information about the island.

Cozumel has beautiful water. We didn't take a tour here as we had been there before. We had lunch at Carlos and Charlie's it was a fun experience but the food was just okay.

Belize was the next stop. I would highly recommend doing the city tour. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and we all learned a lot. This is a very poor country so don't walk around the city by yourself. The tour bus loaded and unloaded behind locked gates. The little shopping village that is where the tenders let you off was very nice.

Roatan was our favorite port. I would highly recommend the pseudo submarine trip it is a glass bottom boat. We bought this tour privately. They were wonderful and took great care of us. I wish we had more time at this port.

Now my review of the ship. It was a lovely ship, a little over the top in the decor for my taste but it gave you something new to see at every turn. The staff was nice and accommodating but the service was not as good as on the Carnival Spirit that we took to Alaska. One night the steward did not bring down my daughters bed. I had to pull it down myself. We all loved the food I loved the chocolate melting cake! Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>