Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by donna

Cruise Date: June 2008
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 8a
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
        13-15 5.0
        16+ 5+

AMAZING TRIP
Wow, I cant believe the trip is over. We are a family of 5. Three teenage kids, one boy 17, one boy 13 and one girl 12. They said it was the best trip they ever took. We arrived in Rome on the 26th and ran around to see the vatican, The basilica, spanish steps, etc. All were amazing. We had a little trouble at the airport since our connecting flight out luggage didn't make it on. We sat in the airport for a few hours waiting for it but it arrived. Saw all the sites we wanted in rome and boarded the ship on the 27th. Taking off from the port was easy and painless. We had two rooms one with a balcony for me and my husband and one for the kids across from us. Both were roomy enough. We took an excursion the next day at naples to see Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri. Breathtaking is all I have to say.

Days at sea we never saw our children. In fact at 2am I was the frantic mother looking for my 17 year old because he wasn't back in his room at the time i asked. The kids had so much fun in their clubs that they ate dinner with us and then took off before dessert was served. Speaking of dinner Leo, was our server at the late dinner seating and he was absolutely wonderful. My kids asked if he could come home with us.

The shows were amazing as well, Todd was very entertaining at the shows and on his morning/afternoon shows as well. I was very taken back though at the man whose rolex watch was stolen at the Naples port. My husband and I really felt bad for him. But even after having that experience the man got up on stage at the talent nite and sang like Luciano Pavarotti.

The entire audience was awestruck. I certainly hope he makes a record or something I was teary eyed from his performance.

Like the others said we were all exhausted by the time we got to florence. We took a florence on our own bus and saw the david and went to the uffizi gallery. My daughter took a picture of david and got yelled at. Oh well.

Overall I rate this trip a 10. It was like having two vacations in one. A cruise with relaxing days at sea and a european vacation all in one. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone wishing to see many cities and relaxing days in between. About 20 years ago I did an Italy tour on a bus and all we did was go from hotel to hotel and carry our luggage from one place to the next. I was about 15 at the time and I was exhausted. This trip I was able to appreciate the sites and still relax. I have been to many places and this by far is the best cruise itinerary ever!!!!. Thanks Carnival. The only complaint i have is that they asked for the maitre d to be tipped and he never once came over to our table to say hello. He claims on the website that he says hello to everyone. On the nite before we left he actually passed our table as we were sitting there. Other than that this trip was a 10.

Publication Date: 07/15/08