“Fun”

Member Since 2000
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
EMBARKATION We left early Sunday morning for Galveston. When we got to the terminal we were told the ship was delayed for fog. So we had to sit in a room on a bench for hours. We finally started boarding and it seemed like forever. Once we got on we saw the Renoir Restaurant and ate there. After that we unpacked and went to bed.

SHIP The ship was nice but I think they went a little overboard on all the paintings. I LOVED the boulevard with all the couches by the window, its nice to sit there and chill. Another thing i liked is the dining rooms. I liked all the Eiffel towers they had. The atrium was nice but it needs more windows and needs to be taller. I hated the layout because you constantly have to go up and down. I think they allowed to much smoking.

FOOD The food in the dining room was great! But the buffet was BAD. The food was not fresh, or to get it fresh you need to be there right wen it opens. The hamburgers and pizza are good though. PORTS My favorite was Jamaica probably because that was the only port we did a tour in. We did the black river Safari which was indeed beautiful. We went on a boat and saw lots of wild life and lots of natives. The drive to there form the terminal was beautiful because you could see the Jamaicans way of life. Next was Grand Cayman. I loved the town. We really didn't do much but shop, which was a lot of fun. Cozumel was kinda nice but not my favorite. We walked off the ship and right off the pier you can get a taxi. So we got a taxi and had them take us to the end of the street and we walked back going through every shop.

CREW The crew was great! They always smiled when you walked bye and they were so friendly. Our waiter was the best! I really don't know why though. But she was nice. Cleanliness The ship was pretty clean, but people left there stuff everywhere.

MAINTENANCE The ship looked brand new. Everything was in good shape.I was also told the ship had some age on it so i was relatively surprised with it.ENTERTAINMENT The entertainment was great! I loved the shows! I very much enjoyed going to the lounge at night to listen to live music

OVERALL EXPERIENCE I had a really good and fun experience on the conquest and would go on on again in a New York heart beat. I will definitely go on carnival again.

Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

9202
Very Big For what I payed for.
Published 07/16/08
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Conquest Review
Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?