Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by DUNDALKSPUR

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by DUNDALKSPUR
Caribbean Princess
Caribbean Princess
Member Name: DUNDALKSPUR
Cruise Date: June 2008
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: BF
Cabin Number: L309
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

A Team was away????
We went on a BF cat and we were not told our cabin till we boarded. I must complement the luggage people and the Cruise link people - who are the port agents- they were the best in all my years of cruising.

We were Platinum members so we had less than 5 min wait and into a lounge - which was very bare, uncomfortable seats and very basic. We were very pleased to get a balcony cabin on the LIDO deck.

When we got to our cabin -we got the biggest shock of our lives - the carpet was filthy, the bed was not made and the toilet seat was a mess! We later discovered that the shower was blocked as well! To their credit the ship sent somebody round to fix things within 2 hours - we had to supervise the steward to clean the toilet at least 3 times!

What made it for us was the fact we made friends with 2 other couples on the ship. Having said that the ship, outdoor cinema was overcrowded - the public areas, dining rooms, theatre, swimming pool was always full and getting seats was a problem. Every year I go on Princess cruises they seem to dilute their service and their standards -this year was no exception.

The food choice and the repetitive menu was very poor compared to all my previous Princess cruises. I asked for a curry one night as it was my wife's birthday and although they made a super chicken curry - they made it with chicken wings only, talk about being "tight"! I then asked them to make a prawn curry the next night and it was inedible - I have never tasted such rubbish - we left the restaurant in disgust and went to the Cafe Caribe!

We usually like the Horizon Court but it was shut every evening and we had to use the much smaller Cafe Caribe which really is not the same .

The ports of call was really disappointing -we arrived in Bermuda on a Sunday - so every thing was closed. We went to the Turks and Caicos and guess what we arrived in a special jetty made by Carnival for Carnival full of their shops!

The entertainment was poor apart from Sarge - the shows were the same shows we saw on the Island princess 18 months ago, the rest of the acts were absolutely rubbish for example they had a magic act the chap spent an hour for one trick!

I am afraid this ship is old and overcrowded - it has the same tonnage as the Diamond and Sapphire Princess but it has 1000 more passengers.

I would have given the cruise more stars if my cabin was cleaner - but in conclusion I am afraid the management in Carnival/PRINCESS really need to go on a course on passenger loyalty and retention as they are and will loose more people to the competition. The standards of Princess ships have really gone downhill in my opinion since they took over from PO .

Publication Date: 07/15/08