Carnival Pride Cruise Review by ciawarrior: Carnival Pride - NEVER AGAIN!

ciawarrior
Member Since 2008

Family & Children 2.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera Cruises

Carnival Pride - NEVER AGAIN!

Sail Date: July 2008
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Arrived at Long Beach around 1215 and was on the ship in about an hour. Remember large bags go to the porters. A lot of people were told they were "OK" by the security guards, that are clueless and then ended up having to leave the long line and walk back to the porters and get back in line from the start. If your suitcase does not fit in your standard airport x-ray machine GO TO THE PORTERS!!! do not listen to security, they do not even work for carnival, but for the port of Long Beach.

DINING:

The buffet was terrible, too many stations to walk around and look and see what you want. You have to seriously look at the schedule because they close and your screwed. If you really want to enjoy the food, you have to eat the Normandie which is the main dinning room, food comes quick and they are friendly. THE BUFFET FOOD IS TERRIBLE!!! the dinner selection is only 1 open station!!! Lunch is the best time to eat there. The sandwich shop is good.

DAVES SUPPER More CLUB:

$30 a person, food is good, BUT..... I wanted a lobster tail and filet (2 complete different orders and not the surf n turf) the server told me if I wanted that I would be billed DOUBLE!!! I was shocked! I had to order the surf n turf (half a tail and a real small filet) I can eat and would have eaten all my food!! this really pissed me off.

CABINS:

It was OK, could have been a little cleaner and the usual hard to understand the steward, but he smiled and was good with my kids.

ENTERTAINMENT:

Remember its a cruise ship, the talent is not that good.

FAMILY / KIDS CLUB:

My kids enjoyed for the most part of the activities (boy 7 / girl 11) my 11 year old stated that one of the counselors yelled several times to "SHUT UP" to the kids (age group 9-11) I have no problem with it, cause some of the kids were out of control, but I know a lot of people out there would have a problem.

SHORE EXCURSIONS:

They are all a rip off, I speak fluent Spanish and several other languages. I hooked up with the taxi drivers and they will take you where you want!! We did resorts and just swam in the pools. Walk around and you will find some that speak English, tell them what you want to do!! They will save you lots of $$$$ for $40-60 there your driver/bodyguard/tour guide all day!!!

SERVICE:

I had been on Princess twice and the service is like no other! I could not believe that I could get someone to bring me a coke or drink in the buffet food area. DO NOT BUY THE COKE CUP, even if you are a soda-holic because there is no one to bring you the soda, and you will most likely end up running to one of the outdoor bars if you need a soda. There is free juices though, lemonade, fruit punch, iced tea, apple, OJ.

MISC:

5th floor walking from mid ship towards the kids club. blood on the rails for 3 days!!! yes still there on the last day, check it I doubt anyone will clean it.

The workers (80% at least) seem burned out and tired, Im serious here, it was weird, not as friendly as Princess.

Long lines for everything, over booked

Poor service all around

FINAL:

I made due with what I had and had a good time, kids are easy and the trip was for them. Feel free to email me and I tell you straight up. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>