Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Amy

Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Cruising the Caribbean...1st Time
My boyfriend and I (both 21 and 1st time cruisers) just returned from an amazing time on the Carnival Glory! It was definitely a trip to remember!

Saturday: We flew into Orlando and had booked transportation to the port via Carnival's transportation service. Easy, Easy, Easy. We arrived at the port by 11:30, by noon we were already hanging out on the Lido deck. It was fabulous! Had lunch and began to try to navigate our way around the ENORMOUS ship. We tried to find our room, 6420...an inside cabin, but we couldn't get to any of the staterooms until 1:30. That is the only problem I had during the embarkation process. Although the pools are open and we could have got in, I did not want to leave our carry-on bags and my purse on a lounge chair, so we just hung out and carried our stuff around.

At 1:30 we went to our room. It was small but not as small as I thought it would be. That was a nice surprise. Santana was an awesome steward and always made sure we were well taken care of.The only problem I had with our room was that we were right above the Ebony Cabaret and Blue Bar. Alittle noisy but nothing to complain about. Our luggage was at our door by 3:00. Awesome!

Sunday: We arrived in Nassau and it was beautiful. We booked the Atlantis Beach Day Tour. The tour was a complete waste of time! We only had about 4 hrs to do things and the tour took up almost an hour of that time. We had VERY limited access to Atlantis. Very disappointing! We did go to the beach and broke the rules and went into their pools...they had no idea and we were under the impression we were allowed to when we booked the excursion. Oh well. I would definitely recommend saving your money and just taking a water taxi to the beach.

Monday: Day at sea. Hung out on the Lido deck, had a few drinks and went to the casino. It was nice and we actually won about $100!

Tuesday: St.Thomas...Beautiful! We went snorkeling on the Castaway Shipwreck Snorkeling excursion. That was awesome! A nice catamaran takes you to the snorkeling spot, you have about an hour there, then on your way back you have free unlimited rum punch! Yummy! We had quite a time in St.Thomas.

Wednesday: St. Maarten...Shopping! We had a late excursion so we decided to take a water taxi and go shopping. It definitely had the best shopping out of all the ports. We booked the ATV excursion. It was...different??? If you don't want to see the TRUE side of St. Maarten I wouldn't book this excursion. Theres a lot of poverty and you are on your own ATV on their crazy, mostly unpaved windy roads with cars...pretty scary. We had an hour at orient beach, but keep in mind you have to wear tennis shoes and you have to get back on your ATV and drive back down to hill/cliff. Needless to say I only got my feet wet.

Thursday/Friday: Days at Sea. Lido deck was a must, played mini golf, caught some shows and laid out quite a bit. Very relaxing!

Dining: We had the late 8:15 seating in the Golden Dining Room. The food was delicious! We only had one other couple at our table that sat 8. They were really nice and it seems they try to group you with people in your age groups (they were in their mid 20s). Joseph was our Maitre D and he was nothing short of AWESOME! There was always a "showtime" at the end of dinner!

Debarkation: Easy! We did self-debarkation and we were off the boat and heading to the airport by 7:45. The only problem with that was that we got to the airport around 8:30-8:45 and our flight didn't leave until 3:00. That was a long day!

All in all, we had a great time! There is nothing I would change. However, maybe next time we wont book an excursion in each port. We would have liked to have more beach time. The shows were good, the staff was extremely helpful and Jason (the cruise director) was the funniest guy! We truly had the time of our lives! We are already looking at a cruise for next year!

Publication Date: 07/14/08