Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by djmutters

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by djmutters
Thomson Celebration
Thomson Celebration
Member Name: djmutters
Email: northborough22k@btinternet.com
Cruise Date: June 2008
Embarkation: Other
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
See More About: Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Celebration Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Celebration Deck Plans
Honest Review
Well this was my first cruise so also my first time with Thomson and there ship the Thomson Celebration. We was both pleased on how easy getting your luggage from the car and on to the ship,it was so easy.

We was given our boarding/charge cards and after 5 minutes we was free to have a wander around the ship and find our cabin, We tipped our cabin boy straight away as a few people recommended this and I'm glad we did because our cabin was always kept spotless.

The Food........

The food was 24/7 and always served with a smile and with great service. There was always a huge selection of food to choose from hot and cold. I always opted for a large cooked breakfast :)) then there was lunch again a wide selection of food. Most of the cruise we ate in the formal restaurant that offers a great selection and fab food (I recommend the Sea bass) Even 1-2am in the morning there was a food ranging from Burgers to Pizzas with fries.

The Ship...........

I had read a few forums where people had said the ship was rather dated, I would tend to agree that the ship is rather dated and the Lido restaurant reminded me of BHS food halls however I would stress although dated the ship was spotless.

The Staff...............

Wow the staff are out of this world and the service is fab fab fab they work such long hours and still find the time to speak with you and ask you how your day went :)) With Thomson Tips are included but I would personally stress that you tip staff at the end of your holiday because they are worth every penny.

The Entertainment...........

For me this was the only shortfall of our holiday :(( Although the youngsters do try there best it is still very second class acting and singing. There is also a band called "The summerland band" these are dreadful and are not even able to hold a note, the lead singer reminded me of Peters & Lee without the talent. There are a couple of entertainment staff that are great and manage to keep people laughing and smiling :)) Peewee Emma and Bren.

In short if you are not worried or concerned about being entertained then this is a great ship.

Publication Date: 07/14/08
More Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Thomson Celebration review Read the next Thomson Celebration review

More Baltic & Northern Europe Reviews