Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by star453a

Cruise Date: July 2008
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 6B
Cabin Number: M31
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Ecstasy once again
This was our second time on the Ecstasy. We are both in our mid 50's and have cruised 23 times on various lines. We had 2 sea days and one stop in Cozumel, Mexico.

Embarkation: One of the smoothest we have ever experienced.Even though the ship had arrived late and boarding was delayed. We arrived in the EZ cruise lot at 11:30 and we were on the ship at 12:45. According to the Purser's Desk the ship was full and it really felt like it. Lots of family reunions on this cruise. Rooms were not ready so we proceeded to the Lido deck for lunch. The rooms were ready at approximately 2:30 so we were off to get rid of our luggage. We met our Room Steward, Herry. Very personable. Always smiled and greeted us whenever we saw him.

Muster Drill: Our Muster Station was in the theater, which was sure nice as it was a really hot and humid day. This is one area that I really believe that Carnival needs to improve. During the briefing by the Cruise Director we began sailing away. People actually began walking out of the upper balcony of the theater before the drill was over. CARNIVAL,PLEASE STOP THE SAIL AWAYS DURING THE MUSTER DRILL!

Sailaway: We met up with CC member AllyGirl13 and her husband Frank. We had our first of several DOTD's and watched the oil rigs and ships go by. We then returned to the room we found our luggage had arrived and several items that my sister had sent to us through Carnival to celebrate our anniversary. Everything was there and really was nice.

Food and Dining Room: I realize that food is a very personal subject. But IMHO the food on the Ecstasy was good. Very good,food that should have been hot was hot, cold was cold. The menu was varied and the amount was plenty for me. And of course the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake was wonderful. The food on the Lido deck was good. We adjusted our eating times to try to miss the lines. We really never had a problem although we saw several people that did.

Sea days: Very laid back for us. We actually were able to find a quiet spot to lay back and read and relax. This was very unexpected as there were quite a few kids. And the kids were really good. We never heard any commotion at any time. That was a really nice surprise.

Cozumel: We had nothing planned so just walked down the street to the Plaza. It was one of the nicest and cheapest days we have spent in Cozumel and we have been there many, many times.

Debarkation: We arrived back in Galveston at approximately 8:30. Off the ship at 11:30. It took forever to get through Customs. The only reason that we could see was there were so many large families. Usually having a porter speeds things up, unfortunately this time it didn't help. It took 10 minutes to get to the EZ cruise lot and on our way.

Problems: We did have a couple of problems. No, they didn't make or break our cruise, but they were issues for me. First, we had a life jacket that was no good. I realize that in most cases you would never need it. We brought it to our room stewards attention and was told he would take care of it. We asked him the next day, still nothing. Finally we went to the Purser and it was replaced. Second, as I am disabled we asked to have the chair in the room replaced with a chair with arms. I did not ask for anything fancy, even a plastic chair from the Lido deck would have been okay. I even went to the Purser. I never did get that chair changed.

Overall, the cruise was great. Would I do it again? You bet I would.

Publication Date: 07/11/08