Carnival Valor Cruise Review by wendy : Couldn't ask for more!!!

Carnival Valor 5
Wendy
Member Since 2000

Overall Member Rating

Couldn't ask for more!!!

Sail Date: June 2008

My husband, daughter age 10 and myself took the Carnival Valor on June 1st for 7 nights, we had a balcony room which was plenty big for the 3 of us and our cabins steward was fabulous..we looked forward to our evening towel animals and mints..oh yeah and cookies for my daughter..

The ship it's still was amazing, clean, and very polite employees. We met a great family at dinner and hopefully become lifelong friends..the food in the dining room was o.k. I wouldn't say it's the best I've every had but it was all good..we did enjoy the on deck hamburgers, hotdogs, chilicheese fries, the fish and chips were awesome, the icecream, and the drinks--I'm sure I've left outsomething else that we really enjoyed-oh the breakfast was also good...I guess that's why I've gained weight..

The ports of call( nassau, st.thomas/st.john, st. marten) were nice and we had plenty of time to see and swim at all the ports, the only place we were not fond of was the bahama's..it appeared More dirty--however we did take a horse and buggy carriage ride around the city and the local who showed us around was very very nice and educational.. We loved the islands..they are so beautiful..A word of advice if you plan on snorkeling at St. John (trunk bay) arrive before 2:45pm they stop renting snorkel equipment at 3pm and wouldn't let us rent any and had nothing we could buy--the people who ran those little shops were some of the rudest people I've ever encountered.. We loved the water slide on the ship and the big screen was nice for late evening movies on the deck...The staff on the ship deserve much more then what they are receiving in the tips that are taken on your sail and sign card..they work very hard.. I could go on and on forever--We had a fabulous time..I'm not sure how anyone wouldn't..any question regarding this trip you can e-mail me Less

Published 07/03/08

Helpful? Thank wendy

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review:

Loved the balcony made the room feel much bigger....

Wendy
Member Since 2000
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X