Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Lise: Well Worth It

Member Since 2004

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Well Worth It

Sail Date: February 2008

My husband Allen and I went on the 7 day Feb.24, 2008 cruise out of Miami on the Carnival Valor. This was our first cruise ever, but we went with friends of ours, Laura and Ray, a couple on there 5th cruise. Our ports of call were Nassau, Bahamas; St. Thomas, USVI; St. Maarten, NA.

To start with the ship is beautiful. We had very little waiting time to board the ship, and the crew were very helpful with any questions we had. Our friends recommended we get a balcony room and we did. It was very good advice. We both loved setting on the balcony in the morning for coffee and at night after a fun filled day. What was good...? My hotel was moving with me. The service from the crew was second to none and even better than land. I cannot think of anything I wanted that I could not get on the ship (Very Impressive).

Food: 24/7 service and the dining experience were incredible (I looked forward to dinner every night). Scenery: The Ship and the Caribbean do I need to say more. More Entertainment: was all over the ship every day and very good. The feeling that we could walk around or sit down, watch or not, relax and not be interrupted. I did say NOT INTERRUPTED (No home phone, No cell, No pager, No computer, No door bell, No car, No clock. This is a feeling we very seldom get to feel. Back home there is no such thing as not being interrupted at any given time. I would recommend that everyone take a cruise with Carnival. They take very good care of you. PS We have just booked an 8 day Southern Caribbean Cruise with Carnival. Postscript: It sounds like, some's people's expectations are extremely high. We did not know what to expect as this being our first cruise, but the experience was way beyond what we could've expected. We cannot wait to experience the next. Thank you Carnival Cruise Lines.

PPSS Review is late, cruise was last February, took this long to get past depression of leaving The Valor, and get used to being back in the real world. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Verandah 8360

Cabin was awesome. Lots of cupboard and closet space. Great balcony awesome view.