Carnival Spirit 4

“Beautiful Atrium, Service Not as Great”
Cruise review of Carnival Spirit

Jessica L

Overall Member Rating

This was my 5th Carnival cruise and 8th cruise overall. I recently went on a 3-day to the Bahamas and had a great time and had the itch to book another one. Alaska seemed like a good choice since it is hot this time of year in the caribbean and Alaska was more unique.

We chose Carnival based on past experience as well as the itinerary. We wanted to end near Whittier (close to Anchorage) rather than one of the smaller towns that some ships dock at.

The first thing we noticed is that the atrium on this ship is really nice, Titanic-like feeling. Most of the ship is also very nice and clean. We were on the 1st floor and it was nice having the dining room, casino, and other main attraction on the 2nd and 3rd floor - no need to wait for the elevators.

One of the things that bothered me was that the menus from the Bahamas cruise and the Alaskan cruise were really similar. I was hoping for some diversity in the menus, but many items were identical. For the first More time with Carnival, I was a bit disappointed with the food.

The other issue was that the staff was not informed about a lot things. We asked questions about excursions, etc. and was given less than accurate information.

The itinerary was good, but I recommend booking excursions in all of the stops. There is not much to do otherwise. Ketchikan had a lot of tour vendors right at the pier so if you don't book through the cruise it's o.k., but the other locations did not have as many. There is nothing in Skagway so if you don't book an excursion there you will be disappointed. My favorite was the dog-sledding in Juneau.

Overall, we had a good time. The views are wonderful and it's a different perspective of the world. Less

Carnival Spirit Cruises to Alaska

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6A
Nice counter space in the bathroom, but the shower is tiny and the soapdish doesn't have holes. Typical cruise size, but not too bad.

Published 06/27/08

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Spirit Review

Carnival Spirit Cruises to Alaska

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?