Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Carl Morgan: Carnival Fascination - Western Caribbean

Carl Morgan
0 Post

Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Fascination - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2004

What a vacation! Where do we start!

The food, of course...the food was better than average and certainly abundant. We ate breakfast and lunch at the buffet, as we were too busy to bother with a "time". The buffet lines were short and we didn't really wait in line for more than 3 minutes. The formal dinner was really great. The prime rib was to die for, and I had seconds! Linda and I sometimes ordered two or three appetizers, just to try things (they were small, anyway). We had a superb waiter (Ivan, from Peru) who pampered us immensely.

The cabin was just right, size-wise. We had a cabin stewardess (Neela, from Thailand) who made sure that the room was in tip-top shape. She made animals out of the towels, which we enjoyed.

The entertainment was really great (except the last show, "Hollywood". They had a technical problem with something, and I like to think that that was why we didn't like it. The game shows were funny, except it seems that when they pick More the contestants, they ALWAYS seemed to pick out the ones without a clue! (Sorry) Linda was a "runner" for "What's In The Bag?" When the host asked for a sock with a hole in it, she grabbed the first male audience member, tore off his shoe and removed his sock! She ran onto the stage, where the host informed her "With a hole, remember?" She promptly chewed a hole in it! We won a bottle of champagne. Thanks, guy, whoever you are!

We almost steered clear of the Casino, as we didn't want to throw our money away. I said 'almost'. Linda had to use the Ladies Room, so she wheeled me into the Casino, handed me a $20 and told me to play. By the time she emerged from the Ladies Room, I had hit for $400! I immediately quit! The last night of the cruise, Linda went out to submit our Comment Card, and stopped at the Casino to get rid of a dozen quarters...she hit for $375! (both of our hits paid for the cruise!) I could go on and on (I guess I already have) but all-in-all, it was a really great cruise for the money spent ($682 all-inclusive for both of us). Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>