Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Gabbiegril

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Gabbiegril
Majesty of the Seas
Cabin Category: js
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
Just off the ship today. We were pleasantly surprised by the overall condition of the Majesty. For a 12 year old ship it was in very good shape. I have read other reviews on CC stating that the staterooms were what showed the age of the ship. We were in a Junior Suite and other members of our group had interior staterooms on deck 6. In all 3 cases the rooms were in good shape. The JS was much more than we expected and was in excellent condition. The only place I saw real age was in the carpeting surrounding the pool areas.

The food was good to very good. We have cruised mostly on Celebrity and there is definitely a difference in the two cruiselines. The service was good and very friendly but also much more rushed than on Celebrity, and much less formal. They give only one salad selection and pointedly try to skip that course if possible. On the final night of this cruise people were in shorts/halter tops, even a swimming suit in the dining room. I didn't care, we didn't pick this cruise for its elegance but because it was a good venue for a short family reunion. Everyone in our group was pleased with the service.

The Schooner Lounge quicky became a favorite hang out for our group.

The entertainment was definitely the weak point. The first night the show consisted of 1 number by the Royal Caribbean dancers, a unicyclist and a juggler. It was poor at best. The rest of the shows got slightly better reviews, but none of the entertainment was better than just average.

The crew on this ship on the whole were very friendly and many had been on the ship for several years. Stephanie, the cocktail waitress in the Schooner Lounge was particularly good. Our stateroom attendant, Irma, from the Philippines kept our cabin in good order and always had a smile on her face.

We went to Nassau, Cococay and Key West. We walked around Nassau a bit but had been there before and were happy just being on the ship. At Cococay the wind picked up and by 9AM they had stopped tendering to shore. In Key West we booked an excursion on the Liberty, which is a "Tall Ship" docked year round at Key West. We sailed out of Key West Harbor and into the Gulf of Mexico. This was a great excursion and I highly recommend it.

Overall this was a good cruise, 2 of our family had never cruised before and they had a good time. I don't know that we will book the Majesty again, but I would recommend it to someone just looking for a quick getaway.

The one BIG negative was the debarkation process. For whatever reason the members of our group were given different color luggage tags so half of our group was out on land by 8:15AM and had to wait for us for almost 2 hours. My husband & I were the last group called and then someone had taken a piece of our luggage by mistake so we didn't actually leave the baggage area until after 10AM. Thankfully the person who took the bag called this afternoon and is shipping our missing bag to us, which is more than Royal Carib. was going to do, all they said was "Fill out this form" which I did and it states right on it that your only reimbursement will be from your own homeowner's insurance if the luggage is not found. Those last 60 minutes in the Miami terminal left a VERY bad taste in my mouth, the staff was very cold, uninterested and frankly didn't care about the missing bags (yes-bags...we were only 1 of several whose luggage was lost)

I guess the moral is, if you can carry it on then do it!!!!

Overall though we had a good time.

Publication Date: 06/24/04