Carnival Legend Cruise Review by janice k

Cruise Date: June 2008
Embarkation: Tampa
        16+ 4.0

a great cruise
Because I enjoyed, and used, the overview of other people's opinions on this Carnival cruise, I wanted to share our experiences.

Embarkation was as easy as described. Carnival did a great job here. Get to Tampa early, get on the ship and enjoy a nice lunch. I booked all of our excursions on the internet before we left. They were all non Carnival excursions, and they all worked out well.

Grand Cayman Island: We booked an excursion on Captain Marvins. All went fine, except for the weather. The snorkeling is OK. I loved the swimming w/ the stingrays. There and hundreds of them, very large to medium. They love to swim around all the people in the water. These stingrays are very docile. Unless you're petrified of marine life, do this trip! We stopped and snorkeled first(this was ok), then got back on the boat, went to stingray city and swam w/ the stingrays (best part). Unfortunately, it was thundering and lightening at this point, but we stayed in the water anyway. (not something I would have done at home)

Cozumel: We did not book an excursion here. We rented a cab for the 6 of us and went to San Francisco beach club ($25 each way), and stayed about 3 hours or so. This is a great club, and we had a great time. They have all the beach activities, although the weather had churned up the sand in the water, so we opted not to swim or snorkel here. They have a GREAT beach bar, with GREAT tropical drinks at good prices. The Mexican food was excellent and the service at the club was great. These people aim to please! We took a cab back to town, shopped for some silver further into the city, and then hit Carlos and Charlies before we left. The two 18 year old girls with me wanted to hit this club. My motherly advice: don't leave your girls unattended here. I stayed in the bar with them for the 30 minutes we had left before getting back on the ship.

Belize: Booked a zipline/cave tubing excursion here w/Dennis Perez and explorebelizecaves. They did a fine job. The guys on the bus ride are entertaining and will give you information as you drive through Belize city and the countryside to get to the zipline and cave area. The zipline was ok. The actual lines were not as long as I thought they would be. We did it more for the teenagers with us. The cave tubing was good. Our crew, along w/ what seemed like a thousand other people enjoyed the cave tubing. It is a beautiful area, and would have been much nicer without the crowds, but what can you do? I'm glad we did it. This company will do a good job for you too. This excursion took almost all of the day.

Roatan: I heard the snorkeling was amazing, and it was! We booked a snorkeling trip w/ subwaywatersports, and they did a great job. We rode on a 30 minute bus ride through the countryside(give you some sightseeing) to the snorkeling/scuba shop at the Turquoise Bay Resort. Eight of use went out w/ 2 guides and a boat captain. This snorkeling was not for younger kids, or someone that does not swim well. You could not touch the ground, and the current was fairly strong. They took us to 2 sites, the first one very pretty, the second one amazing. If you like to snorkel, this is a good one. We also had scuba divers on the same bus w/ us. This excursion took up all of our time in the port.

Debarkation was fine. We carried our bags off the boat and were in the car by 8:30.

Carnival did a fine job. The ship was clean, the room was nice. The stewards did a great job of keeping the room clean. We loved the balcony. Our dinner staff, Clive and Claudia were EXCELLENT. The food was very nice. The entertainment was good, the comics were funny. What more can I say? This week FLEW by! Have fun and I hope this helped!

Publication Date: 06/20/08