Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by drmr204: A Miracle Adventure!

drmr204
Member Since 2008

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A Miracle Adventure!

Sail Date: June 2008
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We embarked on our journey on June 10, 2008. This was my mother's 4th cruise, and my daughter's and my 2nd cruise. This was our first Carnival cruise!

Embarkation in NY-We arrived approximately 12:00. We drove into the city from the Poconos (PA) so we left early to give ourselves some time...the city was PACKED! Once at the Terminal we were placed in a line that reminded me of a cattle shoot! They kept telling people to move closer but it was incredibly hot and a girl next to us passed out!! Carnival employees then shouted at us to give the girl room! Where? You packed us into a line! Nevertheless, the line once started moving went quickly and we were handing in our passports with in 40 minutes! The check in process was extremely painless, we had our pics taken, and went on board by 1:00pm.

Since my daughter is 6 we immediately explored the ship to find Camp Carnival, and went right passed our room to find it all ready for us!! The extremely superb steward Jociklyn More (I know I messed this up again) was washing the balcony windows and allowed us to drop our carryons immediately! After a quick tour of Camp Carnival we moved on to the Food!!

Camp Carnival, so for those of you with Children, they do a marvelous job with this program!! My daughter rarely wanted to spend time with my mother, or I. She was kept active the entire trip, from building a volcano, to practicing for a talent show, they took her to shows, and she did art activities daily. They also made time for a lot of "Family" activities which was wonderful to spend time together!

The decor on the ship felt quite elegant from the atrium to Horatios! You can easily see past the grape decor in the Bacchus Dining Room! We had an obstructed balcony room, but never had a problem seeing everything around us!! I would highly recommend this. It was quite spacious and what a treat to get up and sit on our balcony every morning!

We loved the itinerary on this trip as I love sea days and was quite surprised with All the activities available to me on this ship! It got that I had to pick and choose my favorites because at times there was too much to chose from! The pools were smaller than I thought and cramped so we only went in one day.

We loved Tortola! Great Cane Bay Beach was the BEST!!! We got there early by cab for $6.00/person and landed right next to the bathrooms, bar, and rented two chairs w/an umbrella very reasonably! Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>