Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by ninavmd: Great Trip with minor Problems

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

Great Trip with minor Problems

Sail Date: June 2008
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

Embarkation: Was not as easy as previous times I sailed out of Cape Liberty. They did not have my keys ready, so I had to wait for about 30 minutes to get my keys. The lines were slightly larger than before. Otherwise the embarkation process was a lot easier than in NY or FL.

Ship: No words to describe it. The ship is amazing! Everything is perfect about this ship. Considering the age, it is well maintained (for the exception of our cabin) There were signs of wear and tear on the insides of the furniture, the drawers were scratched up inside. The bathroom showed some signs of chipping on the counter and the sink. Otherwise the ship is beautiful. There is nothing I could say, because its the nicest ship I have been on thus far.

Food on the ship: Some changes. Over all the food was ok. I couldn't' tell you that it was gourmet by any means, but it was ok. I enjoyed the lobster, and the lamb, and the desserts were ok too. Some nights, were better than others, but over More all it was ok. They now don't have different lunch menus at the restaurant for lunch. Every day is the same lunch. In the buffet area, the food is different, and the variety is plentiful. I couldn't tell you that I liked everything, because I didn't. But over-all the food is a B.

Shows: Ice show is spectacular. Other shows are ok. Nothing grand. I have seen better shows on Carnival.

Service: In the dining room the service was spectacular. I couldn't complain. However, the room-steward was lazy, and had to be reminded of everything that he needed to do.

Ports of call: Wonderful, we got lucky with the weather. We enjoyed taking the trips by ourselves, we went to the beaches, nearby.

Debarkation: was a nightmare, there were people everywhere, pushing showing. etc. I wish it was done in a better way. It was a mess. We had to leave our cabin early, at 8am and couldn't get off the ship till 11:30. I wish they did it differently, and allowed you to stay in your cabin, it was very disorganized.

OVer all the cruise was great. There are little things here and there that need better attention, such as the debarkation issues, and the food could have been better. The shows need a little help, especially with the sets and props, I felt that it wasn't as nice as other shows i have seen. But the ship is beautiful, the staff at the restaurant was great. I would recommend it to anyone!! Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>