Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Jim Anthony

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Jim Anthony
Carnival Conquest
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

This cruise was magnificent!! The food was wonderful, the service was fantastic and the entertainment was great! My wife and I were on our honeymoon, as well as many other couples on the cruise, and were treated very well.

We were in the late seating in the Monet dining room, on the aft of the ship. Our waiter and his assistant, Petr and Samantha, were marvelous! By the second night they knew our preferences in food and drink and was ready with recommendations each night. The food was wonderful!! I had seafood all but one night of the cruise, which that night I had the Filet Mignon and it was perfect, as was the seafood. If you are a person who likes mushrooms, I would recommend that you have one of the appetizers with the portabella mushrooms. Those are magnificent on board the Conquest. We were treated on Tuesday evening with a small cake that said, "Happy Honeymoon" on top of it in icing.

Each evening while we were at dinner, our bed was turned down and there was a different animal, made from towels, on our bed waiting for us. That is something very simple, but we found ourselves hurrying back to our room after dinner to see what was waiting on us that evening.

On Deck 9, they had the "Taste of the Nations" buffet, with food from different countries each day. It gives you the opportunity to experience different cuisine from around the world. And there is always the Grill, that you can get the best hamburger I've ever eaten, the Pizzeria and Room Service as food options. All are wonderful and satisfying.

The entertainment was magnificent as well. The show room was built for the number one show on board a cruise ship and it is a wonderful vegas style musical. They have a variety of entertainment options that go on in the lounge where they have the shows every day. Comedy during the evening, movies in the afternoon and bingo two to three times a day, with the opportunity to win some cash to help pay for your cruise. There is a casino, for those of you who are interested in gambling. That isn't my choice of entertainment, but it is there and everyone that I heard on board the ship that went loved it.

Before you begin your port of calls, they have a very informative session in the show lounge with the cruise director. He goes over what is available as far as tour packages from the ship, things to see and things not to see. A very informative and useful session that I would recommend to anyone on the cruise to attend. Jamaica is a very poor, impoverished nation and not someplace that I plan on returning to. But the Grand Cayman Islands and Cozumel, Mexico I will return to! The snorkeling in both ports was wonderful! I would suggest Stingray City in the Grand Cayman Islands and then any snorkeling in Cozumel. The water is crystal clear in Cozumel and the sea life is beautiful.

Overall, my wife and I were extremely satisfied with our cruise experience on board the Conquest and would Highly Recommend to anyone considering a cruise to take it on the Carnival Conquest!!!

Publication Date: 06/24/04