Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by heart286: Awesome upgrades!

heart286
Member Since 2008

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Western Caribbean Cruises

Awesome upgrades!

Sail Date: May 2008
Embarkation: Tampa

We cruised on May 29 - June 2, 2008! We have been on the Inspiration before and loved the ship and the convenience of the Port of Tampa! We arrived at the Port of Tampa at 10:30 AM on May 29th, ready to sail! There was no line to be dropped off and a porter quickly helped with our luggage and made sure we had our paperwork before he took our luggage and wished us a great time!

Embarkation was a snap they were just getting ready to open the doors as we got in line! We filled everything out online so we just had to show our passports and paperwork and Credit card, they gave us our sign & sail cards! I was excited to get a gold card this time for being a past cruise guest! By 10:55 we were seated waiting to board the ship! By 11:45 we were on the ship getting lunch and Funship specials and people watching! There were people just arriving at the port to wait in a long line to get processed! We started to check out the ship to see what had changed!

I loved the More evolutions of fun area. I even did the slide, as did many adults! My only complaint for that area is not being able to sit in the shade! I wanted sun but my husband had had enough so he went down to the serenity area to read! I enjoyed the serenity area. I just think they need a bar and closer bathroom! The bartenders were only through every once in a while! My DH had a soda funcard and a few times they never even came back with the soda he had asked for. I enjoyed sitting in the hot tubs watching over the back of the ship. There were a few kids but they were well behaved so it didn't bother me.

The food in the dining room for dinner was great as always! I tried to eat light but was always stuffed after dinner! And needed a nap! We choose the early seating so that we could still enjoy the midnight buffet. I only did room service on the last night when I wanted a couple cookies with my tea. It was perfect!

Our room steward was great and always made sure we had ice in the icebucket as we asked. He asked me how I was feeling as I wasn't great the first night. Always smiles and never intrusive.

We didn't do any of the shows as I was usually napping!

We were in Cozumel when we awoke in the port morning. Easy to get off and back on the ship as it was docked at the pier and within walking distance from most things you would want.

Debarkation was also a piece of cake! We choose to self-debark and were off the ship at no time! Customs was very easy to get through. We walked down by channelside and waited for our ride to arrive, ready to turn around and get back on the ship as we were sad it was over! We went home and started planning a cruise again on the same ship for May 2009! Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration Interior Riviera R159

R159 easy access to elevators and stairs forward and back. Quiet for the most part.