Seven Seas Mariner 5

“A Dream Come True”
Cruise review of Seven Seas Mariner

Bonnie Dale

Overall Member Rating

My husband and I decided a year ago that we would like to give Luxury cruising a try. At the recommendation of a friend, we booked with Seven Seas Mariner for the "repositioning" cruise to Alaska. We were "newbies" to this ship so kept an open mind especially after reading other comments here.

From the moment we embarked to the time if disembarkation we were delighted. Our suite was extremely comfortable and well appointed. Our stewardess, Katherine, was extremely capable and efficient. The crew was the most friendly and helpful group we have ever experienced on all of our other cruises. Not once were we not greeted with a kind smile and attentiveness.

We were fortunate with our weather as there was no rain at all on this trip. Our shore excursions were very pleasant - we did a local tour of Seattle and Prince Rupert, a motor coach tour of Skagway, and a trip to the Totem Pole park in Ketchikan. The local folks were always happy to see our groups and provided a More great deal of information about their respective areas. This was not our first Alaska adventure and was a repeat of prior visits and excursions.

So far as dining was concerned - well, let's just say that we both enjoyed every single bite of the wide variety of offerings. We dined at every venue. The Compass Rose was great for all three meals per day. The Veranda was particularly nice as an alternate for dinner. The two specialty restaurants, Signature and Latitudes, were magnificent. I have some common food allergies, and with advance notice, my selected preferences were prepared to suit my special needs. We also enjoyed room service which was always served promptly and efficiently.

The entertainment that we attended was top notch. There was even a group of four dancers from the San Francisco Ballet who performed beautifully - quite a feat on a moving ship! The casino was kind to me and I left a bit wealthier than I arrived.

Disembarkation was simple and very smooth. The customs officials were helpful and courteous. We extended our visit with a two night stay in Victoria which was a lovely way to finish off a dream come true cruise.

I highly recommend this ship to anyone who enjoys a wonderful cruise on a wonderful ship. I can only hope that I will have the opportunity to travel with Regent Seven Seas again. Less

Seven Seas Mariner Cruises to Alaska

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Suite

F862
Large bathroom with walk in shower, lots of room in the walk in closet, very comfortable bed and the heat/cool system was great. The veranda was quite roomy and enjoyable. Flat screen TV and DVD player. Refrigerator which was kept well stocked with our choice of beverages.

Published 06/04/08

Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Mariner Review

Seven Seas Mariner Cruises to Alaska

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?